Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly life doesn't always run smoothly and many of us know that once we get our BFP that can only be the start of the worry.  Over the years there have been ladies that have been given the devastating news that there may be an issue with their much wanted baby, followed by a diagnosis of a life altering or even life limiting syndrome. This thread will serve as a place to vent and a place for support. There is no fear of bringing sadness to a due date thread or a clinic group. You can post here freely and even put links to here on your normal thread if you wish.
Much love & hugs  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Bundles xx

·
Registered
504 Posts
I had some bad news yesterday, I had a NIPT percept test and the pregnancy came back high risk for trisomy 13 which is very rare and probably incompatible with life, from my extensive googling 😔 😭 apparently the test is 82% correct at being right. It’s usual with this to miscarry or terminate the pregnancy 😑

Does anyone have any experience of this? I have a 13 week scan at 13+2 and a CVS booked for 19 May - such a long wait!! Currently 11+2. There is a possibility this could be inconclusive and I’ll have to have an amino at 15.5.

I am devastated but have realised from some research this result often has a false positive and I also think they calculated the risk based on my age, not the age of the embryo - age 35 v 41. The risk increases with each year so I’m going to call the clinic back today and speak to the genetic counsellor to see if this makes a difference. I also want them to tell me my own risk not the general risk. I have so many questions today now I’ve digested the news. I’ve decided to be positive until proven otherwise - a new type of PUPO for me. I am preparing myself for the worse though 💔

1 - 2 of 2 Posts