Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to all of this...sorry if posted in wrong place or asking something that has already been asked!
My partner had vasectomy 12 years ago. We had our consultation with LWC in Cardiff as looking to do sperm storage incase needed treatment - ICSI's was mentioned as well as full IVF. Then bombshell came back with my tests AMH is less than 1, also i have cyst on one of my ovaries (which was told wouldn't be a problem). Had repeat test for AMH (does it change??), get results next week. Just need help on what questions to ask at the next consultation and where to go from here. Seem to be going round in circles with all the information on the internet, plus emotions are all over the place at the moment, feel like our efforts have been with DP when I had problems too.

Is it true that having treatment can sometimes do damage when already have low AMH? What can I do to improve things? Heard of certain vitamins? Is it better to try naturally for a bit after the VR? I'm 36, so don't want to wait too long. arggh..this is so hard already and i know we're just starting on our journey!! Any help or people in similar situation to share information / support would be gratefully appreciated. Sorry for going on, thank you so much for reading
Becky x

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lisa..just replied, hope you get it ok..still working out how to do all of this! Thank you x :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi G, I also have AMH of less than 1 and wasn't expecting anything to happen but on each of our 2 IVF's we have got eggs that fertilized, so low AMH wasn't the end of the world for us. I have no follicles until stimulation drugs, then I have approx 4. Good luck to you and keep positive xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.