Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I hope you are well,

I would appreciate some help please. We are very lucky to have a little boy who was conceived without any issues, for which we are truly thankful. Since having him I have developed two new autoimmune diseases and I already had one prior to him. Because my body has been so different since he was born, and as I had an identical twin sister who had reproductive immunology problems I had a gut feeling to do the tests within only a few months of trying for a second child, expecting to perhaps have raised NK cells that could be treated.

I was totally shocked to find we are a partial DQ match:

02 01 05 01 (husband)
01 01 02 01 (me)

This is the main one that I am feeling really down about, everything I read online sounds scary, but I would like to know is this an issue others have overcome and is so what treatment worked for you?

Other things detectd:

Anticardiolipin ab's IgM 11.4 (range 10.1-40 = moderate positive).
Lupus anticoagulant also detected (I assume clexane / aspirin for these?)

LAD results:
Flow cytometry negative
T cells IGM+ 6.3%
T cells IgG 25.0 %
B cells IgM+ 21.7%
B cells IgG+ 82.7%

My NK blood tests were all okay except

CD 19 was 15.3 (range 2-12)
50:1 was 24.8 (I think they like this below 20?)

MTHR heterogeouz too

And some missing KIR receptors (though I think these are genetic and we were obviously missing these too when our little boy was conceived so don't know how much of an issue this is?).

My main questions are:
-Is NK blood results important in a DQ alpha match or is the womb biopsy more important (I have had this done but don't have the results back yet).
  • I don't think my NK blood results are too awful considering I have three autoimmune diseases anyway (alopecia, severe chronic urticaria and suspected anklosying spondilitis). I would have also thought my LAD results would have been lower and NK results higher if the DQ alpha match was an issue for us - but am I wrong?
  • Is the dq alpha match a really difficult problem to overcome?

Any help greatly appreciated as I am completely new to all this and completely overwhelmed xx

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Regarding which is more relevent blood NKs or womb biopsy, theres no easy answer With each dr advocating THEIR test as being the ultimate answer and very little hard evidence to prove either

Dq alpha is a very niche test that tends to be done on ccouples with numerous ivf failures under their belts who are searching for answers. It's more of a theory rather than an proven science and most reproductive clinics dont recognise it beleive in it. D

AAs for your results they dont look bad at all and most reasonable Dr would say steroids and or intralipids is probably adequate for u. Good luck x H

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Regarding which is more relevent blood NKs or womb biopsy, theres no easy answer With each dr advocating THEIR test as being the ultimate answer and very little hard evidence to prove either

Dq alpha is a very niche test that tends to be done on ccouples with numerous ivf failures under their belts who are searching for answers. It's more of a theory rather than an proven science and most reproductive clinics dont recognise it beleive in it. D

AAs for your results they dont look bad at all and most reasonable Dr would say steroids and or intralipids is probably adequate for u. Good luck x H
Thank you so much for your really helpful reply. I have heard lots of mixed things by different doctors as to which is the more effective test - did both in the end as didn't want to leave any stone unturned. Yes it does seem a controversial test! Thank you, that's really useful - I am hoping the issues won't be too insurmountable. I have a consultation with Dr Gorgy planned for when I get my biopsy results back, so will see what he suggests too. Thank you so much again x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts