Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 999 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
^daisy^ FERTILITY & GYNAE ACADEMY ^daisy^

Welcome everyone - here's a lovely new place for you to chat.

The previous thread can be found here: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=345022.msg6334361#msg6334361

Please remember that the primary purpose of this thread is to support those undertaking treatment, so please keep BFP and pregnancy chatter to a minimum.

Once the thread gets to over 100 pages, I'll lock and start you a new one. This makes loading on mobile devices and phones simpler.

Happy chatting and lots of ^fairydust^

·
Super Moderator
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BFP and Beyond Chat

Please be advised that there is a specific thread for ladies who have had treatment with Dr G at FGA to chat about their BFP and pregnancies which you can find here:

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=345023.msg6304439#msg6304439

This is a Cycle Chat thread and therefore please keep BFP/PG chatter to a minimum as per Site Guidelines.

Thank you ladies!

Cloudy - Moderator xxx

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Simone, lit was delayed, I was in the waiting room with DH, a couple of ladies popped in for things I'm not sure if you were one if them? One lady dropped something and my DH went after her with it, I wondered if that was you? Didn't want to call out and ask if it was you lol Dr G told me to scan two weeks after bfp so I am going on 7th July, I thought at 5 weeks it would be too early to see anything??

Njr I am having terrible insomnia I was awake at 4/5/6 this am so knackered due to that!!

Are we ok chatting about all this? I don't feel ready or confident enough to post on a pg thread but I'm concious about other ladies going through txt too and their feelings!

·
Super Moderator
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi honey, BFP chat should really be on the BFP and beyond thread: it's purposely called that because I know how hard it can be to get a BFP and being scared to join the pregnancy threads.

Good luck xxx

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Helen - yes! I was the stripy dress person with the backpack. "Hi" thank you to your dh for picking that up!

I don't feel ready to move on to the bfp thread either. In the past when I've done that I've had a loss... but don't want to upset anyone at the same. They're doing an early scan to check is in the right place - I've had ectopics in the past so they're being cautious at my local epu. They also want to check on the ohss.

Xxx

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Hi Eveyone.

Random question but do any of you know if Dr Gorgy treats gay couples? I'v already has uNK cells tested and they are high so might move onto further immunes testing and would like to see Dr Gorgy as little bit unhappy with my current clinic at the moment and if my one and only fet fails I have nothing left in the clinic I.e frozen
embies or donor sperm so I will be moving. Thanks in advance ladies x

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Sarah, I think dr g treats anyone with immune issues regardless of their relationship etc I wouldn't have thought that mattered tbh. What clinic have you had treatment in? Are you planning to switch to Fga? A lot of ladies have immunes with dr g and treatment elsewhere like myself. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Thanks. I know agrc used to not so was just wondering.

I'm currently with city clinic part of Gennet and my dr just decides randomly that she is not following my protocol from professor Quenby for my uNK cells issue any more and wants me on just 10mg of prednisolone when in fact I was going to ask her to increase from 20mg that prof Quenby said I need.

I was thinking of seeing him for immunes and possibly cycling there at same time. if not then I'll go see him for some more immunes testing if my fet fails this month and maybe go to another clinic who will accept me havin an immunes protocol along side tnem. gosh it's so complicated and stressful. x

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Sarah, you don't have to tell them anything about the immunes treatment. Dr Gorgy will tweak any treatment you have and always wants to know what medication they are giving you.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
That's good to know. I think though tbh I've had enough of my clinc for different reasons over the last 6 months and this is now the icing on the cake. so if my fet doesn't work out, and tbh if I can't get more pred and and up just taking 10mg then I won't be optomistic of it working out and I'll be looking for another clinic. Just feeling so fed up tbh x

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hi ladies, just to say the bfp thread is fairly quiet, you'd be really welcome there and we've all been through the terrifying early days and can offer support. Totally understanding not want to jinx anything though xx

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Sarah - Its really hard to know what to do isn't it. I was initially going to cycle with gennet and add dr g as immunes on the side. But then I started thinking that the actual stim side might end up being the weak link and the thought of organising a trip to Czech rep as well as the immune apts was just too much... other ppl are more resilient than me though and manage just fine. This was our last go and we threw everything at this last cycle with Dr g. Costs a bomb but then have now got further than I have on all my previous ivf cycles (touches lots of wood!). And I think he's less expensive than lister and Argc.... and you do feel looked after. You need to go with what you feel comfortable with. . But if you do have any q's about cycling at fga give me a shout.

Devonrocks - I'm so excited to move on to the next thread, but I would prefer to wait until Mondays scan and bloods.. I know it sounds daft but I really don't want to jump the gun and end up more heartbroken. Scan is massive deal for me as have been to many but there's never been anything to see  :-\

Good luck crackle today.

Afm - 2.24... and wide awake... damn you pred!

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Devon I may hold out until next Thursday when I have my scan too!

Btw should I worry about getting a sore throat??

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Thanks so much for your advice Simone it really does put things more into perspective when you hear of other people's stories and successes. I think though for sure if my fet fails I'll be doing everything with dr Gorgy. I'd rather pay more now than end up going through numerous failed cycles which ends up more costly in the long run. I'm going to put everything into my fet but ultimately I'm cautious about my pred dosage and my high uNK cells. I think I'm going to give my clinic one last shout out about wanting to remain on 20mg and see what that brings.

Best of luck Simone and everything crossed that your scan is a good one on Monday x

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Fertility debate coming up on this morning on itv-should be interesting!!

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Can anyone advise me on where to get an early scan? Local hospital now won't scan before 7 weeks and when I look on websites for private hospitals it says the same! EPU can't guarantee that they can scan me that day and can't take time off work!! I was hoping to have this sorted next Thursday when I'm off.
Why is everything so hard! Plus my once very supportive cousin who administered ils every month when I was pg with my son has all of a sudden decided that she's not happy to do it anymore as she's heard about reactions! And she said she wasn't happy to do ils so frequently but she never told me that at the time! I don't understand why?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hi Helen,

Could you try a different epu? Otherwise maybe a general scanning company - the type that do scans for stims. As long as they can do a transvaginal scan then that should be OK if it's just to confirm location.  There's quite a few around.

Xxx

·
Super Moderator
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi ladies :)

The guidelines are not in place to be difficult, they are there to support ladies through this difficult journey in the best way we can. As a Volunteer Moderator I enforce these Site Guidelines for the benefit of forum users.

I personally understand ladies' reluctance to move to a pregnancy thread, which is specifically why it is NOT a pregnancy/parenting thread, but a "BFP and beyond" - which includes anyone who isn't currently cycling. Please appreciate that some ladies cycling find it difficult to see BFP chat: In fact we get many messages a month from ladies who are upset by high levels of BFP chat in incorrect locations.

I am trying very hard to ensure that I please everyone, but I will have to start moving the BFP specific chat posts to the BFP thread if necessary: This is obviously something that I do not want to do, but I do need to ensure that the forum continues to function as best it can.

Thank you in advance for your understanding

Cloudy - FF Volunteer Moderator

Xxx

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hi ladies - sorry to pick your brains again - I have now got my results back from Dr Gorgy and need to book a follow up so we can make a plan - is it cheaper and better to do this via telephone or are we better going up to see him in person. Last time we went in person I paid £220 and he only spent 20 minutes with us... can I make a 30 min app for less money - would a call be too difficult and a waste of time?

Thanks again for your advice from experience. xx

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Ricks - I think it depends on where you're traveling from and cost. I personally prefer consultations in person. I find him a bit hard to understand on the phone and I think he takes a bit longer if you're sitting there in front of him. Also, he may recommend a blood test or something straight after which you can have done there and then. Pick up prescriptions etc. That's how I've found it anyway. .. not sure if others think the same. I think a follow up is £180 whether on phone or in person Xxx

1 - 20 of 999 Posts