Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
961 - 980 of 1004 Posts
G

·
Today I scanned there with a new doctor, she was very good but unfortunately I had only 2 follicles today, and only one that looked good, so I decided to skip this month as month to month I differ so much and with all the stress I have been under in the last few weeks I really felt I just couldn’t go ahead, it just didn’t feel right. I was told that skipping one month at my age isn’t going to make much difference in egg quality but I do know next month no matter what it looks like I have to go ahead , more waiting but knowing this last cycle will be the end of the road for me, keeps me going.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
CATHA sorry to hear you had to cancel your cycle hopefully your next one will be the golden one. Just so you know ASDA prices are a lot cheaper. Lubion pack of 7* 25 mg is £59 is ASDA, Create is double the price! If you need to take more than 1 injection a day for a long time then it all adds up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Hi - I came in to ask if anyone's got experience of being in a similar situation to me, but then I noticed there are some very interesting conversations going on so I'll start with personals :)

RainbowWarrior - I'd love to learn what your anti-inflammatory diet plan was all about, please tell me more if you're still following this thread.

Catha - Super weird you had totally different advice from the Lister than we did - for us they said they won't freeze any embryos unless they're top quality on day 5! Maybe different consultants have a different approach to freezing? Our consultant is Jaya Parikh.


AFM, I went to see Dr G today after my biopsy results, DQ alpha results and LAD test results were back, and interestingly he was most concerned about the uterine biopsy results and wanted to build my whole upcoming immune support programme around "improving the immunological conditions in the uterus".

So I'll only have a scratch and LIT before starting stims, the LIT roughly 2 weeks before, then steroids from day 7 onwards and Clexane I think starting around the same time, and then HCG injections, intralipids and possibly a second LIT around ET.

Has anyone else has had their endometrial biopsy results come back as "low activated", and what did Dr G recommend for you? I know we all have different issues so I'm not expecting him to give us all the same protocol even if the biopsy results are similar, but I'd like to know just out of curiosity... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,198 Posts
trying1 said:
Has anyone here done a frozen with gorgy and can shed light on progesterone timing. I'm confused
Thanks!
I can't reply back to your message lovely your inbox is full xxo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Carrie88- I need help with understanding progesterone timings for FET too! Not sure if its meant to start day o (equivalent of egg collection) and transfer on 6th or a day later... My clinic are saying transfer on the 5th day of progesterone and Im sure Gorgy says different. So confused and day 0 is tomorrow! :-[

Sorry for lack of personals!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,029 Posts
Hi Ladies,

Hope you are well and having a good new year.

I've heard there is a new cheaper drug that can replace Humira. I'm wondering if Dr Gorgy is now prescribing it or if he still sticks to Humira? any experiences?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Hi Pany,

Do you mean hydroxychloroquine? If so, yes Dr G prescribes this. My IFN gamma did not reduce after intralipids so he gave me this. X
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else is concerned about getting immunes treatment while this Coronavirus is going on? I haven’t had my consult with Dr G yet, but has anyone else asked him this question?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,748 Posts
I would think if dr G was responsible he would be suspending his immune treatments for now. Until its passed.
Especially Humira.
If he carried on prescribing this thru this outbreak it would raise really serious questions about his practice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Hi MSJ,

I'm also concerned with getting immunes treatment with Coronavirus going on. He has now put this up on his website: NOTICE – COVID-19 and immunology patients: Due to the threat of coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, spreading here in the UK, we would like to advise any patients undergoing immunology treatment to either contact us to get an amended treatment plan or to temporarily postpone treatment. If you are undergoing immunology treatment, please do call us on 020 7224 1880 for further advice.

I really wanted to go through immunes this year (I had 1 failed IVF 4 years ago and then 2 failed FET) as my work/life situation prevented me from going through IVF in the last few years. It's such a bummer that it seems that I have to postpone treatment again...!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Hi

I saw Dr Gorgy on Thursday. He gave me a treatment plan for my next FET (it was exactly like the one  I did for my last cycle in Jan). At the end I asked him what I should do re: COVID-19/if it will effect my cycle and he said that I should be extra cautious as I’m taking hydroxychloroquine - that was all. I was still given intralipids that day and told to continue on the hydroxy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Hi Bluetop,

Thanks for the update. Looks like the fertility clinics will continue to be running then (sounds drastic if they would have to suspend service too but I did wonder whether it could happen...).

All the best with your FET!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Actionion - I’ve seen the notice you mention on there website now. I did also email the nurses email before I saw that and they also advised to postpone treatment for immunes if possible or contact them for amended treatment

Bluetop - good luck for your FET. Maybe hydrochloroxine and intralipids aren’t as bad as some of the other treatments around like Humira and LIT?

I’ve had a LAD retest and will need more LIT before starting FET, however I’m going to postpone as it has always made me feel quite sick before and could feel a marked suppression to my immune system so I’m going to postpone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Hi Bluetop 1981,

Did hydroxychloroquine bring down you Th1/Th2 level? I've been taking it for 2 months and the blood test shows it's even higher than before. =( Maybe it's flare ups? As I had humira and intralipid last year? And hydroxychloroquine didn't help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Hi,

Long story short - they came down from 80+ to 28.
The long story -
I started taking hydroxy at the end of Nov19. I had my cytokine levels measured about six weeks later in Jan20 and they were up to 80-something - which was a bit heartbreaking as my first cytokine results were 70-odd back in Jan19 so this was all going in the wrong direction.
I had my FET booked for the end of Jan and followed Gorgy’s plan and had intralipids and IVIG before the transfer. My FET was a BFN and so I continued with the hydroxy with a May FET in mind (Covid put a stop to that plan). 
I retested my levels in March before I met with Gorgy and they were down to 28. I don’t know if this was due to the whole combination of 12+ weeks of hydroxy, IVIG and intralipids but  I was over the moon about it. Gorgy told me to have IVIG to make sure they stayed down but I took the cheaper option of intralipids - this was a good 9 weeks ago so it’ll be out of my system by now. I haven’t tested my levels since. My next FET will now be in July. I’m not keen on having any intralipids/IVIG due to Covid, but as I get closer to the date I’m becoming more curious about what my levels are and may just retest soon for some peace of mind.
Hope this helps!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Hi Bluetop,

Thanks for your reply, it's very helpful to know! Mine got down from 41 in March to 40 now after about 2 months of hydroxy - not great. I'm having IVF this month nonetheless because my LAD is now good (90+) after LIT, and Dr Gorgy suggested going for IVIG + Intralipid to get TH1/TH2 further down. I'm really hoping that they will work. I work from home and I don't take public transport so I hope my risk with Covid is small!

Wish you all the best!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Can someone please help, we are curently doing immune treatment i.e. LiT and Dr Gorgy but want to do IVF at his clinci too howveer am not sure how is IVF at his clinic and the type of protocol they use, their labs etc. Only annoying thing i found so far is each time you need to speak to Dr Gorgy you need to pay £180 which is ridiculous would it be same if we decide to do IVF with them?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Hi just checking are all immunes treatment back to normal now or do they advise postponing is possible still?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,478 Posts
Hi anyone know if Dr gorgy will prescribe steroids at the moment? Many thanks for your assistance.  Xxx
 
961 - 980 of 1004 Posts
Top