Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 1004 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Hi anyone know if Dr gorgy will prescribe steroids at the moment? Many thanks for your assistance.  Xxx

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi Here's a message I received from the nurses. They are not offering prednisolone, not sure about dexamethasone. You can email the nurses email to find out: [email protected]

FGA is still offering the below medication/treatments during Corona.
·        Hydroxychloroquine
·        Intralipids
·        IVIg
·        LIT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Thank you so much for your response. I rang them and they said no steroids. Xxx

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Thanks for the info about what treatments are currently offered. I was wondering the same.
My successful pregnancy was with full blown immune a. Now I have embryos in storage and don’t know if I should go ahead without immunes or wait until spring?
I’m 42 and have a 5 year old. 

Opinions please

·
Registered
211 Posts
Bailey - thanks for sharing the info about steroids

Pany - I'm in the same boat, I'm wondering if I should wait till spring to do frozen transfer or just do it with what's on offer... I've just turned 45! Eek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
MSJ, have you heard we'll be able to take steroids again by the spring? I'm weighing up whether to do a FET with our very precious last 2 embryos from a donation by my sister; I think I could wait 6 months, but another year would be too much, I've just turned 43...

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I think everyone is assuming that some sort  of vaccine will come
In Spring. But who knows?!
Steroid was probably the treatment I took less seriously, but even all the other stuff like Intralipid, IVIG, Neupogen - who knows how they will effect your immune.
Have you had your consultation with Dr Gorgy?
Profit- what an amazing sister you have..

MSJ - I’m praying for us!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Ladies who are currently receiving immune treatment with FGA. Are you receiving an alternative to steroids or is the dr happy to proceed with steroids?

I'm in limbo! Appreciate any input. Thanks

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hi all... I have 1 last embryo.. Turning 39 this Saturday. I was due to start prepping for my fet in march but then there was lockdown... Now because kts been advised limit travel and now no steroids, im wondering whether to post pone until spring...covid has thrown a major spanner in the works

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Hi Leenaj,

I’m in the same boat. Though I’m 42 and 6 embryos. money is difficult too because of  Covid (no jobs!)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Pany - I’ve been given hydroxychloroquine by him instead of steroids, having my transfer next week

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Good luck Nuttynat

Still cannot decide if we want to go head. Immune in pandemics and money is stopping us!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just came on this board to see how things are at Dr G's these days and it is comforting to see that I'm not alone in my thoughts. Should I cycle or delay till Spring (who knows if it will be over by then.) Leenaj, I remember you from my last cycle. I too will be coming back to use my final frostie. I cycled last October doing immunes only with G but my clinic damaged my embryo so now I have to decide whether to stay with them or transfer to a different clinic and do immunes again with Dr G. It's such a tough one. I keep reminding myself that my embryo is frozen so it's hopefully not deteriorating. I always question what would be the path of least regret. It's so tough. Hope everyone is doing ok. Good luck to those cycling/transferring soon x

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hi mogwai and everyone. Yes i do remember you to.

At the minute it really is limbo. I feel so ****** off some days with all this. I only want to do my fet with all the full shabang of immunes...so i will wait..i feel a bit ratty because my friends sister who is 43 and is naturally pregnant and due this summer. I know  shouldnt but i still feels pangs of jealously because i am thinking of changing clinics to embryo bank incsse my last frostie doesn't work...mainly because my old clinic during covid are only doing eggs collection with ibuprofen and a sedative...i know this wont work for me...and then i read my consult.letter today from the new clinic telling me i should have embryo testing before freezing any more embryos as 75% of embryos at age 39 plus will be chromosally abnormal..and i can't help but feel annoyed well how is friends sister managed to get pregnant...she had her 1st child at 38 and waited 4 years and she wasnt even that worried about age. Rant over

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi everyone, I am currently 5ww and on neupogen.... Does anyone know how long dr G will keep you on it after BFP? I am worried about long term side effect on my white cells and health of the baby. Any experience? Thank you

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi ladies, I just thought I’d pop on her to see how everyone’s doing, and it’s so nice to see some familiar names.
Hi leenaj and mogwai34 we cycled together in 2017.
I am currently 18 weeks pregnant pregnant after having immune treatment with Dr Gorgy and using our last frozen embryo.
I saw that your both wanting to cycle again and just wanted to say although my drug regime was changed , because of not being able to use drugs like prednisolone with the current situation we were still successful and wanted to share that bit of hope. If it feels right just go for it and don’t put it off. Because of my age and having 3 x unsuccessful cycles since conceiving my daughter I think it’s encouraging to know even with different drugs I can still work too.
Looking forward to hearing back.
Sorry I haven’t read through all the previous posts but Hi to everyone else. K xx

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hi kattalier,

It's nice to hear from previous Dr G cyclers...congrats on the BFP...can I ask what are using instead of prednisolone? I have one last.frosty left and I want cycle to create some more incase that one doesnt work. By them i am hoping the panedemic may have eased.so i can transfer with Dr G help
. My main issue with immunes is also the travel.to dr G. I live in Chesire so i would need.to travel by train to Dr G and in the panedemic i am.worried about this more than the immunes itself.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Is anyone cycling or doing immunes with FGA currently as this thread has gone conpletely dead....i am doing part immunes but not as comprehensively as I did with my last 2 transfers mainly because of covid. Does anyone have experience of getting a prescription for intralipids from gorgy.

At the minute I coule really explode at FGA. They have always been disorganised in the sense they rarely email you back or ring you back but I have always just used them for immune and not cycling thank god. I was trying to get a script for intralipids so i could get it done locally. They have authorised it for another lady in Kent using FGA for immunes and is also using the same nursing team as mine yet won't authorise for me!

The nursing team where quite shocked as they said oh is this the clinic who has sharon working for them. I said yes. They said they were a bit funny about it all and we had to send them some extra reassurances. They copied and pasted what they sent for the lady in Kent and still had the nerve to say no. Im pretty livid. There is nurse C who is pretty file..quite short and snappy and simply said sorry Dr Gorgy wasn't  happy with the assurance and it's at his discretion. I emailed back stating i wanted to make a complaint for that fact they had already issued a script for someone yet mine was being denied on the basis of 'discretion'. Surely there should be a clinical reason for the rejection than just based on oh well.we just don't feel like.doing it for you.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Is anyone using immunes recently? IVIG prices seem to have gone through the roof! I’m due to start a FET soon

981 - 1000 of 1004 Posts