Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently had immune testing from Dr Gorgy.

the only treatment swe want to try at the moment are intralipids and steriods/clexane.

I have found a clinic who would be prepared to administer the intralipid and prescibe the steriods in scotland, saving lots of trips to London.

they have only very recently started doing this so are not experts in this area. They dont do any immune testing.

i wondered if I get the treatment in Glasgow would Dr gorgy still be able to give advise on dosage, worries etc or if i sent the retests to chicago would he still advise me on these results and whether i'd need further treatment.

Has anyone been in this postition?

x

Premium Member
I now get my scripts for steroids clexane from GP and have intralipids administered elsewhere - I see Dr G for consults and get retests done through him (TDL) so I guess its fine as long as you pay his consult fee which you can have by phone its fine- I think you can get tests done at RFU direct if needed but you can also courier them to TDL to do them via him. That sounds fantastic news for people in scotland as londons definietly a trek!

Registered
I subscribe to Morrigan. I have my treatment in Ireland and he advised me where to ring to arrange my intralipids.

Registered
My understanding is that Dr G supports treatment at other clinics. You just have to have a consultation with him first which he might even do on the phone (but charges for this). He can be difficult to understand so be prepared (well I found his Egyptian accent difficult when I met him anyway).

Good luck

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks ladies!! Congrats Morrigan, i see you are pregnant!!!

its great news, saves alot of the travelling and hassle as well as extra expense. But also have the comfort of having an expert at the end of a phone if we need him.

helen, yes I had a phone consulataton after my chicago results came back....and thank goodness for agate, the other ladies on here and Dr beers book or i would have had no idea what he was saying!!!!

xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts