Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies

I wondered if any of you might be able to help with this one, particularly if you are already at the ARGC?
I am in the middle of my second FET cycle at Woking Nuffield and praying that this will work  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^, however if for any reason it doesn't then I have been thinking a lot lately about being tested for immune factors. I have no reason to think that there is a underlying problem, other then my PCOS, but there is this little voice at the back of my head which keeps saying 'go on find out'........

Anyhow my question is this. I have asked the ARGC what the immune testing costs and believe it to be £780 (plus also the initial consultation fee). I also understand that you have to be a patient of the ARGC in order to be tested there. The other clinic which offers testing is the miscarriage clinic under Dr Sheeta. The costs for tests there are £225 for the consultation, £350 for the immune package and £300 for the clotting package etc. The cost are about the same whether you go to ARGC or Dr Sheeta.

What I want to know is if I went to Dr Sheeta and he found I did have an immune factor problem, then I decided to get treatment at the ARGC, would they want me to repeat all the same tests with them? I can't afford to pay it twice, as we would have to get a loan or more money on the mortgage. Any advise would be much welcome.

Love
Foxyloxy XX

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Foxyloxy  :)

I went to Dr S before i went to the ARGC i was given steroids and heparin as he found my nkcells were high but i still went on to get 4 bfns  :-[

He is very good friends with Mr T at the ARGC and always recommends people to go there for further testing  ;)

The ARGC took some of Mr S's tests into account but some needed repeating  :) If your going to go to the ARGC you need to throw everything into it as they know what there doing and have very good success rates of 64% for ladies under 35  ;) i had to remorgage but i needed my last tube removed etc

The ARGC i found do a much bigger panel of tests which get shipped to Chicago for testing, i was found to have two lots of immune probs not the one and also slight clotting issues but nothing major as Mr S thought  :)

Good luck
Emmaxxx

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Emma

Thanks a lot for your response. I see from your notes and some of your posts that you certainly haven't had an easy ride so I'm so pleased that you have now, at long last, got some very good news. When is your scan? Do you know the sex yet?

Going back to my original question, would you therefore recommend that instead of going to Dr Sheeta, I just go straight to the ARGC (assuming I can get my remortgage)? I am sincerely hoping that this next FET will be the magic one that works and that I don't ever need to go to Dr S or ARGC but you just never know!

In your opinion, is it likely that the ARGC would want to do more extensive tests then Dr S or even repeat some of his. If they do then it seems more sensible to just go straight to the ARGC. I did phone the ARGC to try and find out what they test for under the immune package (at £780) but they would not tell me - I had asked them to provide me with a list of the specific things they test i.e. NKcells etc. I wanted to compare what they test for £780 with what Dr S tests.

Would you be able to help and let me know what the ARGC tests for under the immune package? Also do they do these tests on all their new patients, as a matter of course, or only on those that they suspect may have underlying immune issues?

Sorry to bombard you with all these questions. Just feeling so desperate to make it happen and want to proactively use my time to help me get closer to my dream of having a baby rather then feeling helpless and as if time is just passing me by.

Love Foxyloxy
xxxx

P.S. Pity you can't join us WN ladies this Saturday in Chertsey, would have been nice to meet you.

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Hi Foxy  :)

I dont have a list of the tests sorry  :-[ i just know its 17 vials  :eek: :eek: compared to Mr S's 6  ::)

I would go straight to the ARGC if it was me doing this all again, i feel i wasted the money i spent with Mr S (even though he is a lovely man) for me cause i had other immune issues steroids would not of worked  ^eyes^

They probably wont tell you over the phone as last year there was a panarama programme on them and people are on a witch hunt to Mr T and so they probably have reporters etc ringing and asking all the time  ::) if you go for a cons appt they will go through it all with you  :-* They only do the full panel of tests on ladies who have had m/cs or have had several ivf failures some people dont need them  :-*

If you need anything else just PM me  :-*

Sexing scan this saturday  :eek: :eek: :eek: one of the Dr's at the ARGC tried sexing them last week but they had their legs crossed and wouldnt budge  ::) ;D

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
HI Foxy
I was at the Bridge had a m/c and so went to Mr S for tests (they in fact cost me 1550 pounds in total, as there are 2 appts and I had basic and another panel. diagnosed with NK cells and would need pred and clexane- he gave me a prescription, I went back to the Bridge for another cycle.

Then moved to ARGC 3 motnhs later and they did repeat all the NK cells, as they said that they were not all the same tests.  ARGC also agreed I had seroids and clexane on the 3rd cycle.  Then on the 4th cycle I was retested by ARGC again had IVIG on this cycle.

L x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts