Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home girls ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Good luck

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
yvette,E/T,7/11?

D/R
Bates,20/10,IVF,E/C17/11,
Feistyblue,DIUI,Scan12/11,17/11,E/T18/11?
MelH,Nat/Fet,Scan14/11,E/T,21/11,
Emmajoe,24/10,Fet,Scan,3/11,Scan,14/11,E/T,21/11,
Faerie,21/10,ICSI,E/CNov/Dec,
Poppy,IVF,26/10,scan,19/11,

willow,4/11,IVF
Chux,5/11,O/I,scan,28/11
Ginger,2/11,IVF,scan25/11,E/C,8/12?
Karan, 8/11,IVF,BL/scan,25/11,E/C,8/12,
MmmBop,9/11,IVF,scan26/11,3/12,5/12,E/C,8/12

Leni 13/11, IUI ,scan,18/11 ^banana^ ^witch^^banana^

wizz /Nov IVF
Mo /Nov IVF
CindyP EndNov Nat/Fet

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi girls

Just wanted to say hello. Am still sniffing and it's going OK. No AF yet but baseline scan is not for 2 weeks so I suppose there's time.

Have started to feel a bit moody and as it's not a real AF then I don't suppose it's PMS. Maybe a side effect of Synarel?

I hope all are doing well

ginger xx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ladies,

At last i have made it into the right Threads.

I would like to send a big Thank You to all the people that i have already been in contact with over the last week. All you info has been much appreaciated.

I have now only been sniffing for 1 week so i am still only a novice at all this.
But having had a look at the sites am i right in thinking and understanding that i will not be able to start my injections until AF has arrived?
This being the case then i think i will be in for a long wait. As my AF have never been regular, i tend to go from anything from 35 to 45 days and as for ovalulating well that's been anyones guess for the last 7 years.

^confused^
Gill.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, things have been pretty hectic.

I have had my first and second scan. I had the second one yesterday and I have had to increase my medications and go back for another scan on Friday!! I am concerned that my lining will not be thick enough by then. :(

I am quite emotional on this cycle, much more so than the last one! My poor dh thinks that he is living with a ^witch^ !!

Ginger - I know how you feel I am on synarel and I am quite emotional at the moment, hopefully af will turn up soon.

Wizz - sorry to hear about your mum, good to see that she is on the mend. Great news about the hens, it is definitely a positive sign!!

Yvette - good luck for the 2ww!

Cindy - good to see the ^witch^ arrived and keep positive! Hopefully the next two weeks will fly by!

Leni - I hope that af arrives soon. It is so typical when you want it to arrive there is no sign of it!

Chux - I know how you feel with the sniffing! I am sure that it is making me more forgetful than usual!

Poppy - good luck for tx!!

Mmmbop - hope that the sniffing is getting better. You get used to it after a while, but I agree it is a nasty taste at the back of your throat!

MelH - I am having blastocyst put back in too. This is my first FET. They were frozen at day three and they are going to take them out and grow them to blast! It is mad how they can do all of that!

Willow - welcome and good luck with your tx.

Apologies to anyone that I have missed. Wishing lots of luck to everyone. ^reiki^

Take care

Love Em xx

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
^daisy^

Hi Willow,glad you made it!!!! ^thumbsup^,I think I read somewhere you are doing IVF hope this is correct?
have your clinic not given you a info pack and a treatment plan? feel free to ask away,but I am on my 1st go,so can't be a huge help,but will bw with you all the way,good luck ^reiki^

Emmajoe,lovely to see you back,have been thinking of you! sory you are feeling a bit yuck,we are here for you,try to stay positive,one thing I have learnt on here things can change quickly and for the better! ^Cuddle^

Moody ginger! hope things settle down soon ^Cuddle^, I am only on day 3,so waiting to turn into a ^witch^ anyday!!!!!!

Chux I am on buserelin, I would'nt know if it has a taste,just stuff a load of sweets afterwards ^chuckle^, any excuse!!!!!!!

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
for you all!!!
love mmmbop.xx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
mmmbop - sounds like a great excuse to me, maybe I'll try it in future!

Are most people here private as opposed to NHS? I ask as I don't have to have tests to make sure I have d/regged before starting stimms whereas everyone else seems to. The upside to all of this tx is I've got something to blame everytime something goes wrong or I'm in a bad mood :) Every cloud has a silver lining as they say! Having said that I do seem to be struggling with bad moods this time around. Can I blame the drugs or is it just me being a b*tch?! Just as a by the by, when I typed 'being a b*tch' in full it changed it to 'being a woman' - what is the puter trying to say???! :eek:

I like the title of the thread but I've decided Christmas is either gonna be pregnant and ecstatic, or drunk and who cares - either way I win ;D

Keep smiling everyone,

Chux xx

·
Registered
123 Posts
Afternoon Everyone

Just popped in quickly before I go home. Must leave on time tonight, promised dh I would cook chicken fajitas.

Chux I am with you on Christmas - this is a good time of year to cycle, either way we win - or I will probably just be too drunk to remember for December! Also for me it is ideal as I am not drinking at the moment and I haven't told people at work that I am having tx so I can just say I am having a good month before a very bad one! It worked last night when we had a leaving do. Also I am private - non optional and I have never had tests apart from scans.

All of you who are hormonal, even if it isn't - blame the drugs - I did! I was emotional, angry, tearful and every other emotion at odd times. Problem is I still am and being on a natural cycle I don't have an excuse. ;D ;D Poor DH.

EmmaJo, looks like we will be having et around the same time. Good thing about blastocyst is the 2ww becomes an 10 day or less wait, and anything that reduces it gets my vote!

Willow, glad you found us, I was also given a treatment plan at the beginning of my tx - a calendar with everything marked on it and start dates etc.

Hello to Bates, Feistyblue, Faerie, Poppy, Ginger, Karan, MmmBop, Leni, Wizz, Mo and CindyP. I hope you are all OK.

Love

Mel
xxx

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
^daisy^

Hey chux and mel am with you two on the ecstatic and preggers christmas, or a very very merry merry(seeing double) ^drunk^ ^drunk^ ^drunk^kind of affair!

^reiki^thoughts to us all,xx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey mmmbop

What are you on? Any tips on using these smilie things - are they supposed to appear like they look when you read them when you insert them? (Did that make sense?)

Had my baseline scan today (or at least I think thats what it was - don't know the lingo yet). After 3 nurses playing hunt the ovaries, they discovered I had a small cyst on my left ovary. After some discussion it was decided to start stabbing as planned. How would the cyst affect things? I had a lap and had a cyst removed from the left ovary in August so was surprised to find I now had a new one.

So have had my first Gonal F injection. I was determined to do it myself & DH v. reluctant to help. However when the needle was there, just touching my stomach I just couldn't do it, and was nearly in tears. Thankfully DH then stepped in and saved the day. My worry now is that he seemed to enjoy stabbing me in the stomach...! Very surprised that it was actually not at all painful.

Next appointment is Wdenesday 19th, and hopefully they will then set a date for egg collection. Suddenly it all seems rather scarey.

Suddenly there seems to be a few of us here, so forgive me if I miss anyone:

Mel H - snap! We're having chicken fajitas tonight too!

Chux - You're right that this is a great title & lets hope we all get our positive Christmas and have a great New Year to look forward to too. I'm 35 on christmas eve so as far as I'm concerned if anything we are going to succeed it will be over Christmas, as its my time of year!
We are private by the way, but at an NHS hospital and with NHS drugs (well funded by our doctors practice anyway).

Ginger - Any sign of AF yet? I was about a week late and started panicing a bit, but she turns up when shes ready! Definatley an old witch this month though - maybe thats the synarel.

Willow - welcome, glad you made it. Can't offer much advice as this is my 1st IVF, but like mmmbop my clinic provided me with lots of info on the procedure so that I knew what to expect. The scan I had today was to check that the lining of the womb is nice and thin and that the ovaries have shut down ( I think). I believe that this can only happen after AF and then you you start stabbing.

EmmaJo - Good luck for Friday - are you stabbing now?

mmmbop - loved the old AF dance! Made me laugh! must learn how to do that.

Good luck with sniffing & stabbing everyone!

Must go as hands are freezing & stomach rumbling(must be thoughts of chicken fajitas!)

Love

Poppy

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi all,

Thought I would just pop in and tell you that my af has arrived, so thanks for doing the af dance for me.

Woo hoo, start stabbing on Thursday, first scan should be next Tuesday.

Fingers crossed for lots of positives for us all ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Good luck to all.

Leni x

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hello

AF did arrive last night so I had a day in bed with the hot water bottle feeling very sorry for myself, but also strangely excited that things are moving. Baseline scan in 2 weeks.

DH is cooking the dinner and laundry today!! Lucky me!!!

lots of best wishes to all

ginger xx

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
^daisy^
^spot^^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^^spot^
yvette,E/T,7/11?

D/R
Bates,20/10,IVF,scan,13/11,E/C17/11,
Feistyblue,DIUI,Scan12/11,17/11,E/T18/11?
MelH,Nat/Fet,Scan14/11,E/T,21/11,
Emmajoe,24/10,Fet,Scan,3/11,Scan,14/11,E/T,21/11,
Faerie,21/10,ICSI,E/CNov/Dec,
Poppy,IVF,26/10,scan,19/11,
willow,4/11,IVF,scan,25/11,
Chux,5/11,O/I,scan,28/11
Ginger,2/11,IVF,scan25/11,E/C,8/12?
Karan, 8/11,IVF,BL/scan,25/11,E/C,8/12,
MmmBop,9/11,IVF,scan26/11,3/12,5/12,E/C,8/12
Leni 13/11, IUI ,scan,18/11

wizz /Nov IVF
Mo /Nov IVF
CindyP EndNov Nat/Fet

^spot^ ^wings^ ^wings^ ^wings^ ^wings^ ^wings^good luck for scan feistyblue^wings^ ^wings^ ^wings^ ^wings^ ^wings^ ^spot^

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
^daisy^

Hey poppy, when you post a message there is a box with an angel in it on the left,click on the arrow and a list of icons appears,click on the on e you want and when you post it will be there,also there is a row of smilies click on those to (mine do not work for some reason)

to get things moving there is an m in the grid above smilies,click on that and put your words or icons in the middle of the two move words and off you go

hope this helps!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Morning all. Computer has been down at home & am so busy at work that I haven't had a chance to join in ???.

Yet again I am in a rush !! Life doesn't seem to slow down except when you are waiting for AF. :p

Am back at the clinic tomorrow so hopefully I will still have the EC on the 17/11

Before I started talking the drugs I was so positive - perhaps too positive especially as this is our first IVF

Peta - where are you at now ? as before you and I where at the same stage. What clinic are you at ?

Hello to all the other girls - hope all stabbing or sniffing is going well or anyone waiting for AF is ok and when it does arrive it is not that painful. Apologies for those I have missed.

Poppy - My only tip for the injections is - don't hesitate ! just do it and don't think about it. If I think about it I just can't do it and when I do it - it then hurts - does that make sense ?

Ginger - hope your dinner was yuumy

Mel H - I am not drinking either but must admit to a few glasses of wine so have not been tee total but very sober to my normal Friday or Saturday nights. Not that I'm an alcoholic of course ;D ;D

I haven't told anybody at work except my boss as I have to. I do have a problem in telling people as I feel a big fat failure. My sis in law is preggies so any family do is getting hard but most of this is probably just me.

Just seen the time - will have to go. Hope to catch up with you all later on.

Have a good day to us all
:)

luv Batesy

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hi Bates,

I have just had my second scan today, and it showed that I have 5 follicles of a good size - I think about 16mm. Will go back for third scan on Friday, and then should be on track for ec on Monday!!! ^scared^

I am going to Queen Mary's hospital in Roehampton for all of this bit of the treatment and then the ICSI is being done at the Bridge Centre in London. DH will have to take eggs and sperm by car on Monday and I will go the Bridge centre for et. Still can't believe that this will be happening next week....

Hope that your cycle is going well. Will keep popping in to see how it is going. Lots of ...
^reiki^
^reiki^

Peta

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ladies,
I hope to get you all in on this but if i forget anyone i'll blame it on the drugs.

mmmbop,
yes you are correct i am just starting my first IVF cycle with Barts. yes i did get a info pack and a calendar of sorts but having to take in so much info on that day i think i forgot things that the nurses said. Plus i think that i am a bit of a worry guts and need to make sure that things are going correctly.
Good luck in you first tx do you have any more dates for when things start to happen? ^reiki^

Chux,
I am here under the NHS although i have been on a 2yr waiting list i am finally here and saving up in case i need a second go or we get a nice christmas gift.
I haven't yet turned into a ^witch^ but did sit DH down last night to apologise in advance just in case i turn into one in the next couple of weeks.

Mel H,
I have got my calendar etc. but i wasn't aware that you AF had to turn up first before starting the injections, must have been worrying about something else at the time that was explained.
I could be in for a long wait then, my AF tend to run in the 40 days cycle at the moment. ^mercy^

PoppyH,
Also i am fairly new to this site and still getting used to the smilies, when you type you message click on the smiley you want and it will appear as txt for example this smiley ^mercy^shows as ^mercy^ but when you post it will show up as your chosen icon.
Mind you i haven't had a go at anything fancy yet.
Perhaps the other ladies can give us some tips on that.
Not due to have my baseline scan till 25/11 but i am like you at previous scans i think my ovaries decide to take a vacation and can never be found.

I am sniffing Synarel and have now taking out share in Murray Mints as i have found that this are so far the only thing that takes away the taste of it.
Would any of you ladies know if i can continue on having Reflexology while i am having the treatment or is this one to ask the hospital when i next go?

Wishing you all good luck with you on your various stages of tx.
Speak to you all again soon.
Gill. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
^daisy^

willow if your e/c is on the 8/th dec, there could be 4 of us at Barts that day!!!!! can you imagine us having a conversation while the sedative wears off!!!!!!!! as someone said to me you've waited along time to start,so no wonder you worry,it is all another world,we are here for you and support each other anyway we can,All my dates are on the list,so my 1st scan is 26/11 ,leading to egg collection hopefully around the 8th/11,good luck to you too! try not to worry(she say's) ^scared^

chux i am nhs ,we get oe go free in this area,so am really doing all I possibly can to help it work!

Ginger hope you feel a bit more chipper,and taking full advantage of DH ^Cuddle^

Bates good to hear from you, do not worry just post when you can! I know what you mean about the failure bit ^Cuddle^we should not blame ourselves,and when our miracles arrive they will be all the more special, and think of that bfp to come,xx

hope everyone got on ok today,waiting anxiously to hear from you !!!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Oh dear - am feeling very sorry for myself :(. This is the worse AF pain I've had in ages. I hope it's a good sign, but am feeling miserable and have run out of mefanamic acid (I didn't get last prescription renewed as rather optimistically thought I wouldn't need it) and have had 10 paracetamol in 48 hours so have to do without for a few hours.

Gill - we are identical cycle buddies!! I read that if you don't have regular AF you should have breakthrough bleeding of some kind on Synarel - so I do hope yours turns up in time for baseline scan on 25/11.

Sorry to moan - I can normally see the bright side but not today. I hope tomorrow is brighter, and that you are all doing well.

ginger xx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Poppy - My DH, despite all his initial protests also seemed to enjoy stabbing me! He's quite excited at the thought of doing it again. Perhaps it's a power thing?!

Mel - I've not told anyone at work either which can get a bit awkward but it's the way I want it. I haven't even told my family so I'll be damned if I tell my work buddies. Kicking the caffeine is the hardest thing I've had to explain so far as it's guzzled by the bucket at my place! Luckily we're in the process of moving so I explained it away with me suffering sleepless nights.

Leni - So glad all that dancing wasn't in vain! Best of luck stabbing.

Ginger - Make the most of DH cooking for you and doing the washing - the novelty soon wears off :)

Batesy - I think the feeling of failure is at the root of me not telling anyone. Keep up the positivity though, there's no reason why it won't work first time.

Willow and mmmbop - Do you only get one go on the NHS? I've not thought that far forward yet but we are on the IVF waiting list which is 3+ years. I guess it's different for different area's....so wrong but I won't get on my soap box now!

Best of luck to everyone ^thumbsup^,

Chux

1 - 20 of 296 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.