Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies

Wondered if anyone can help.

My day21 appointment is next week. Does your lining have to be a certain thickness to start dr?

My clinic won't let you start stimming until you bleed while dring, but I 'm worried I won't. My periods seem to have stopped recently due to PCOS and every time I've had a scan my lining has been really thin so I've had provera to bring on a bleed. What happens if I keep dring and don't bleed?

thanks Hxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Your womb lining doesn't need to be a certain thickness to start downregging.......and yes, you should usually have a bleed whilst downregging.

DR basically shuts down your body into a temporary pseudo menopause....so no activity in your ovaries and a thin womb lining.  You will DR for approx 2 weeks and then have a baseline scan.......and if by the time of the baseline scan you've not had a bleed they will often check your E2 levels as well....if your E2 levels are low and your womb lining is thin, even without bleed, then you may be able to start stimms.

Some clinics actually do E2 level blood tests as standard at baseline scan.  They look for your womb lining to be 4mm or under at baseline....and no cysts/follicles on your ovaries.  Some women do have to DR for a little longer than average.

You can start DR at beginning of your cycle or around cd21.

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

Sometimes they will just continue you down regging if your lining isn't thin enough otherwise as Minxy has said they will measure your E2 levels.

As long as they are OK and your lining is thin then you should be able to start stims.

x x

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Natasha and Scooby

That's really good to know ^wave^

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hetty

If you dont bleed after DR drugs, the clinic shoudl be able to give you some pills to bring on AF

Good luck for your tx.

Zoe xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts