Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Is it ok to drink decaff coffee during 2WW.  I have been staying away from any kind of coffee or tea during my treatment, but am really missing coffee, it's been so long.............

Is it ok to drink decaff coffee during the 2WW I keep hearing different advice.

Thanks

Swoo x

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
I heard (and Zita West mentions it in her book) that decaff coffee is as bad as normal, because of the chemical processes it has to go through to be decaffeinated.

I did have the odd coffee and tea during 2ww - i'd have gone doolally otherwise!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
hi

I have avoided tea and coffee,but to be fair was never a big drinker anyhow !!!!

Apparently if you go to health food shop there is organic decaf tea and coffee that doesn't have all the chemicals in that some girls have had on tx

Good luck with your treatment

Netty

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
I think rooibos tea (redbush) is good - my friend loves it. It's not for me i'm afraid, but i do know a few people who drink it.

It's naturally caffeine free and available in lots of places now - i think a lot of supermarkets stock it. Waitrose definitely do.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your advice - I think I'll carry on avoiding it, sounds like it might be the best course of action.

Wishing you all well with your treatment and dreams.

Swoo x

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
The decaf coffee is clipper... can't say it tastes great though!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts