Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I really hate to bother you as I know how busy you are but if you have a wee sec could you let me know what you think??

My little girl is nearly 7months.  We started weaning before the recommended 6 month mark, probably about 5 and a half months.  Weaning is going VERY WELL, she will eat anything and hasn't turned her nose up once!!  She has had chicken, salmon, mince, stew, haggis, cous cous, any kind of fruit, ah she's brill.

However, she is dropping back on her milk lots!  She will only have about 3 maybe 4 ozs in the morning first thing, I make breakfast cereal with about 4ozs, she's now refusing a bottle before lunch, also refusing an afternoon bottle, and now over the last few nights, guddling about with a bedtime bottle - more interested in chewing this one!  So she's having 8ozs, if I'm pureeing/cooking food for her I try to use either her formula or full fat milk.  She takes organic yoghurts.

She is now wakening up much earlier, about 5am, cooing and caaing and dropping of again until about 6ish.  I thought hunger was waking her up but then she only takes max of 4ozs so she can't be that hungry!  I'll give her "real" breakfast at about 8am and she scoffs the lot, she really does like her solids.  She was never a great milk drinker from day 1 and is on the 9th centile - we do get her weighed next week, she's really filling out now so is hopefully thriving on the solids, the weigh in will be very interesting.

Should I be worried about her dropping her bottles?  Or will I just go with the flow and accept that she loves her solids but continue to use full fat milk in her cheese/white sauces, custard etc?

Thank you so much !

CM x

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hiya CM

Some baby's do prefere solids to milk.  :)

So, as she is well into her solids she needs approx 500ml milk (about 17oz I think). So its a case of whatever and however you can get it into her!! Milky puds, yoghurt's, cheese, cereal all help.

If she is thriving and happy then maybe she is getting enough. Would be interesting to know her weight!

Just get down what you can. If she is having 8oz try and get the rest in her foods. Or even try the milk in a cup.

Let me know her weight & centile and we can relook at it if necessary

Let me know

Jxxxxx

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jeanette, thank you so so much!  She gets weighed next Wednesday, the first Wednesday in May, whatever that date is!  I will come back to you and let you know what it's showing but she's certainly looking much chunkier now!

x

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, just to update.

Little one now weighs 15lb 10ozs, 4 weeks ago she was 14lbs 5ozs, so thats a weight gain of 1lb 11ozs in a month, which is ok, sitting just above the 9th centile now, so I'm happy that she's not dropping off, she's an amazing length of 71.5cm and nearly on the 98th centile!

The milk bottles have actually started to come back into a routine of:
first thing - 4ozs, mid morning 5ozs, mid afternoon 5ozs and bedtime about 4ozs so she's def reaching the recommended allowance as I also use her milk or ff milk for cooking, also with yoghurts, cheese, sauces etc.

Thanks so much, that's that worry over until the next one.....................!

CM x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.