Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mouse1 said:
Got a fax through at work today that I thought I should share with anyone jabbing with Clexane 40mg.
The most important thing is not to worry - just get your chemist/GP/ARGC to give you injections from the clear batch or a new prescription so that you can get them. As they say there is no known risk to the baby.

This is original report (which I wasn't aware of or would have forwarded to you all before) which lists affected batches:
http://www.prodigy.nhs.uk/knowledgeplus/drug_alerts

The fax I got today was focusing on pregnant patients - here is the link:
http://www.mhra.gov.uk/Publications/Safetywarnings/Drugalerts/CON017989

All I know is what I read from the fax & on the sites listed above, but would be happy to chat if anyone has any concerns.

Lots of love
Mouse xx
Sorry about the delay ::)

/links

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Whats it abooot  ::) i cant read docs as im fick  :-[ i dont take 40mg though only 20mg  ^idiot^

G

·
Emmett - I think it's only the higher dose pre filled clexane, so you should be ok. Some batches should not be used according to this report, the batch numbers are listed  ;)

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Oh good thanks  ;D ;D what is wrong with it then  ???

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
I have looked  :p and if i ask u too do something just do it  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi girls,

To be on the safe side, I'd check with your pharmacy.
I did that today and they rang the manufacturers - I was told not to use one batch (I have a mixture of two batches) and they were not on the batch numbers listed not to use! (I'm injecting 40 mg) I think it is just precautionary. Hopefully, they'll have some more in by Monday as I'll run out by then! ^pray^

Hope I don't scare anyone, but I'd thought I'd share this with you all.

Mini-me
xxx

Update!
Just to add - my pharmacy are replacing my affected injections tomorrow (luckily I hadn't started injecting that batch yet!) I spoke to the manufacturers (0800 number on the second website link in the first message on this thread) today and if you are a pregnant you are top priority and they will get out unaffected stock to your pharmacy the next day.

Shellbell / Mouse - Thank you so much for posting this thread, I wouldn't have known otherwise. :-*

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Hi Mouse and Shellebell

Thanks for this info as I have some 40mg syringes that I will check ... I will call the tel number provided as they seem to list the clear batches but not the ones that are contaminated... I have about 18 syringes - I hope that the pharmacy will take them back if they are contaminated!

tweets x

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi girls,

Do check with the 0800 number - in the 2nd website listed above, under 'European Review' - that the batches you have are clear of contamination.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I contacted my pharmacy and they ordered more for me, but these turned out to be contaminated too!!  I think it is safe for non pregnant patients to be using the affected batches.  However as a precaution, pregnant patients should use unaffected batches - the manufacturer have put pregnant patients as a priority, but the pharmacy must state this when ordering and put them aside for those patients only.

I used my last clear injection last night and luckily I got the affected injections replaced with clear ones this morning - talk about cutting it fine!

However, I put in a new prescription for 2 weeks worth yesterday and they've come back contaminated too!  Pharmacy is to replace.

What a nightmare, babe and I could do without the stress!  ^scared^

Mini-me
xxx

1 - 15 of 15 Posts