Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..  :) I had IVF in September, had my posative result we all dream for, but sadly I miscarried, so now starting the roller coaster all over.
The clinic have started their paperwork, and have sent me a new prescription (I'm on the long protocol, Buserlin injections etc!) As my last IVF was recent, I still have drugs left over from the previous cycle (Buserlin, and pesseries) I think it's pointless spending £550 on another drugs package when I dont need it. Does anyone know if clinics mind giving a prescription for single items, I kind of feel cheeky asking them, But £550 is alot of saving! Just wondering if anyone has used drugs over two cycles. Many Thanks.  :) :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi belle-bubble, sorry to hear about your miscarriage, I had exactly the same situation re left over drugs,  what I did was ask the drugs company to just dispense and bill me for the drugs I needed, rather than the whole prescription, they were fine about this and it wasn't a problem. 

Good luck with your next cycle

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Agreed. When you ask for a prescription to be filled in you can let them know that you don't need all of the items on it. As long as you have the correct total amount of each drug, AND the stuff you have has been correctly stored etc. it'll be fine. Of course any opened FSH cartridges etc will need to be thrown out as they're good for only 28 days after opening if I recall correctly. Also, just because you used less than prescribed and had stuff left over last time don't be tempted to get less this time as each cycle is different and you may respond differently/need to stim or downreg for a different number of days this time and you wouldn't want to be caught short!
So sorry it went badly last time. Hoping this time will work for you!
X

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.