Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm starting to DR tomorrow and despite my best efforts I have not been able to work out a time to take meds where i won't occasionally have to take drugs into work with me due to occasional shifts.

The problem is our locker room is 33 degrees on a warmish day (I measured yesterday cos it always feels abnormally warm in there) and my synarel says it must be stored below 25 degrees.

Any suggestions as to what to do about having to take it to work with me?

thanks

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hey PiePig,

Do you have a fridge at work? could you take a camoflagued package and stash it in the fridge at work? not sure if you would need to then keep it in the fridge at home too due to the fluctuation in temperature.

Sorry I haven't been of much help  :-[

Good Luck Hun  ;)

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello Piepig (wow - there must be a story behind that name  ;))

I honestly don't know about the storage as I was thinking the same as reality in terms of the temp change fluctuation.
I think I'd phone the clinic or the medication manufacturers for some advice.

I wonder if a little cool bag would keep them cool enough?

Sorry I'm not more help.

Lots of love and luck with your cycle

Emma  :)

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks emma/reality

I was thinking along the cool bag route but it hadn't even occured to me about temperature fluctuations!

I guess I'll have to ask clinic for some advice  :-\

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
At ARGC they issue us with a small child sized fluroescent green cool bag with an ice block and tell us to carry the meds around all day in case we are needed to take them and it worked fine.
L x

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JJ1 - did you then keep your drugs in the fridge at home?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi PiePig

I was told by Bourn Hall not to keep my drugs in the fridge.  I did ask why and they said it was better for the drug to get too warm than it would be for the drug to get too cold and freeze.  I know this is the opposite of some of the other clinics.

I kept my nasal spray in my handbag on the couple of days I had to take it when I wasn't at home - it was fine.  Normally I kept it in the kitchen cupboard along with the gonal-f.

Good luck

Vicky

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting, I explained the situation this morning to clinic and they told me to keep drugs in the fridge at work rather than let them get too hot, but if I fridged them at work I'd have to fridge them at home as well to maintain a temperature.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
How about trying a dummy run with a cool bag and pop a thermometer inside it - you could pop it into a bit of bubble wrap so it doesnt get too cold and see what the temp is at the end of the shift to see if you can keep a regular temperature?

Or can you leave the syneral in ur glove box in ur car or under the seats - may be cooler than work?

perhaps you could wrap the syneral box in tin foil to reflect the heat? or put it in a larger tuppaware box with a small ice pack (not touching) should keep the temp down a little

or buy an extra bottle (small one) to keep in fridge at work all the time (for emergencies) just keep a slip of paper iside the box that you can keep tally of your sniffs on.

good luck

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Mollie

I made the decision to keep it in the fridge but in the not too cool bits, then for work it gets transport in a tupperware tub in a cool bag with an icepack to keep it cool, then into the fridge at work.  I figure as long as i'm careful not to let it freeze it should be ok.

checked the temp in my glovebox as had though i could keep it in there but that was over 30 degrees yesterday so still to warm!

hopefully it'll work out that I don't have to take it to work too often and then it'll be fine in the fridge at home.

Who'd have thought it'd be so confusing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.