Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I was due to start clomid as recent blood tests showed I was not ovulating (have v irregular periods) but my last blood test has indicated I probably did ovulate a week ago.  Getting DH's results on 20th Oct (next available doctors appointment!) and will discuss me going on clomid then - I am now thinking is it OK to take Clomid as a boost? DH is now worried it might be him too with problems.

Sorry am just thinking too much about it and I can't wait until the bloody 20th!  Hey good news is I ovulated!  Hey does that mean I am in the 2ww now? omg!  We haven't even been thinking that we could be ttc this month!

Good luck to you all............................

Sarah
XXXXXX

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi Sarah

Great news that you ovulated naturally ^afro^

I ovulate naturally every month (never had problems) & actually have a high progesterone level even before clomid (last test before clomid it was 61). I take clomid to "boost"...more eggs, more chance...and each cycle of clomid I've released 2 eggs (follie tracking & couple of prog test to confirm - 1st month prog was 103, this month it was 105). I'm on my 4th cycle of clomid at the moment (initially prescribed 3mths then were to start IVF but decided to keep going on clomid for 3 more months as I'm responding well - if still not pg then will start ivf in January).
There are quite a few women who take clomid to "boost" things where they either ovulate naturally every month or sporadically.

Also, yep, you're in the 2ww now...this is from ovulation to test date/expected AF...my AF is due Saturday & I was gonna test if not arrived by Monday but decided to test on Saturday now so if it is bad news I can have a drink...fingers crossed I won't be able to drink for another 9mths !!! ^2ww^ ^2ww^ ^noAF2^ ^noAF2^

Keeping everything crossed for you... ^reiki^
Good luck & take care
Natasha

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Natasha

I am feeling optimistic now about clomid and everything BUT feel af is coming now but even so I am pleased I ovulated even if it is sporadic!  And to be honest we did not have loads of BMS  really as I was giving DH a rest before we start clomid - HA HA.

Thanks for your reply and I really hope everything works out for you.

Hey - I am looking forward to a glass of wine tonight now!

Have a good weekend,

Sarah

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.