Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,  I'm hoping you can help me with a query,  I'm on my first cycle of IUI and injectables,  been taking menopur and have scans,  saw doc yesterday who said follicles were 18mm & 13mm and gave the the pregnl to inject tonight at 7pm (Sat) to do the IUI on Monday am.

When I got up this morning at 8am I had did a OPK test and it was +,  should I still do the trigger shot tonight,  I'm undecided?

Also doc said no sex after trigger,  but if I O tonight or in the morning then the IUI on monday is too late anyway and wouldnt we be best making sure we are covered and bd on sunday just incase.

Any guidance would be great from anyone,  especially as there is no one at the unit now until monday just a phone number for emergencies,  which this isnt really!

Thanks

Katie

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi StringKat

I would ring the emergency no. with no hesitation and get them to put your mind at rest!  This is the sort of thing they give w/e cover for and it's not like its the middle of the night...

I don't know whether you should still do the jab tonight, but my clinic advise abstaining between 3-5 days before IUI so you have plenty of fresh sperm.

Good luck!

Love Molly
x

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Molly,  I have called an spoken to the nurse who was undecided whether to do it or not, but said it would do any harm so go ahead and trigger.

So now its just down to timing if I O any time after 12 tomorrow the egg will may still be viable any time before that ad this cycles bust.  :'(  so lets hope I'm not one of those people who O 24 after LH appears!

If we have to do this again,  I might find somewhere that opens at the weekend!

Katie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts