Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Is it possible to get a false positive if I am naughty and test early??? does the fertility drugs affect the test??

Sorry to ask it's just that I was naughty and tested today when i should be testing on Friday, 3 tests 3+'s, now i'm not sure whether to be excited or not??

Has anyone else had the same results??

xxx

·
Registered
120 Posts
As far as I have been told, a positive is a positive!!!

Congratulations, I'm so happy for you, well done. ^clapping^

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks wannabemum,

I'm still not sure, i've read a couple of things that says fertility drugs can give a false positive if they contain HCG, but my drugs are all in spanish!!!!

Fingers crossed eh!! for you too ^goodluck^

xx

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi Fluffty,
The nurse told me not to use an early test like First response as they might give false positive because of the drugs, but it's only 3 days early so it's looking positive!! fiwi ^afro^

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
If you have had a HCG trigger shot then that should be out of your system anytime between day 6 after ET and day 11 or so.

As long as the line is getting darker each day then i would say congrats are in order!!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the replies and support,

It'll teach me to be naughty, I think I've got to see it as more of a negative than a positive otherwise I'll get too excited!!!

I already had an appoint booked with the doc tomm for something else so perhaps Ill ask her to do a blood test for me!!! fingers crossed eh!!!

Thanks again, it's lovely to be able to ask people about it

xx ^daisy^

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi Fluffty,

It's unlikely that your positive HPTs were false positives. As your treatment was with donor eggs, you would not have had to take HCG, and that's the only drug that can give a false positive.

I would say that it's very likely that congratulations are in order! :)

Clara

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Clara,

You won't be disappointed with the IM BCN, especially Dr Oliveras  ^doc^ .

Good luck with the first appointment and enjoy BCN. ^sunny^

^goodluck^

xxxx

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks Fluffty! ;D

I really can't wait for my appointment in Barcelona - and to meet the lovely Dr Olivares. I've heard he looks like George Clooney...oh my.

Best of luck for testing tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.