Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
??? My baby will be 13 weeks old by tomorrow...light spotting started a week ago and gradually turned heavy (almost like a period!)... was admitted to Emergency 2 days ago and the bleeding has settled down to brownish discharge... I am extremely worried as bed rest did not seem to help stop the blood from coming out....
HELP!!!
The doc said there was nothing she could do to make the baby 'stick'...  :'(
I really can't bear losing this precious IVF baby......

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dear Orlando

If it helps at all, my sister bled from 6wks until very recently, also passing clots, she will now be almost 20wks and baby is fine.  I know it wont stop you worrying, just wanted to offer you hope.

Thinking of you and hoping that it has all settled down now.

Love Nic xx

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Orlando

I had bleeding starting at 12 1/2w, v heavy, more than usual AF. It was v heavy for about 2-3w and then has been spotting. The baby continued to grow, although they also said the same thing to me, that whatever will happen, will happen, that they couldn't really do much to help. I'm now nearly 19 weeks, spotting has just stopped (hopefully for good) but in the end bled for 7 weeks. Do have hope, I know lots of people say this and so many have said this to me, but bleeding is v common and doesn't always mean that you will lose the baby. If they can continue to see the heartbeat and your cervix is closed that you stand a v good chance, have you had many scans? You could try the emerg preg unit at your hosp, if they have one, it wasn't v useful for us but at least they scanned the baby.

good luck, don't give up hope.

love spider xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:-\
Thank you Nic and Spider... your kind words did offer me a lot of comfort... I had another scary episode of bright red bleeding... and the doc decided to put me on compulsary bed rest for 2 weeks... but I am not sure if I'll be able to get away from work this long... might get fired in the end...

I am just wondering if Spider and Nic's sis had both stayed in bed the whole time through?

Thanks again for your encouragements....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Orlando

My sis, like you was unable to take a lot of time off work, at first when the bleeding was heavy she did stay on complete bed rest, (about a week or so) the bleeding eased, alternating between brown discharge and red spotting, she felt she had to go back to work, as she manages the shop.  But really just to show face....im not saying that is what you should do, your doc has said to take 2 wks off 

Im sorry that your work seem unsupportive, I dont know what you do or how long youve been there, but if you have a doctors line...can they really fire you?? Maybe you should speak to one of the girls on the site who deals with work issues and ask advice.

Sending you a big (((((hug)))))

Love Nic xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts