Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please someone help me. I am feeling sick all day and even in the night.the sight or smell or foods makes me want to chuck and I feel like I have got a constant hangover with a headache and extreme tiredness as well.
The tiredness I know I have to get more sleep (I have a toddler that is with me all day so not possible) and headaches can't take pills for but is there anything for the sickness? I used ginger biscuits in my last pregnancy and that helped a lot but you can't get them here in France where I live.
Any ideas welcome..........yuk feeling pukey again.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
I wasn;t as bad as that but the few things I tried with mixed resulted were

ginger tea - make with fresh ginger and boiling water, the only problem is now I can;t take it or ginger nut biscuits.
carrs water biscuits or any plain crackers
sunflower seeds - to keep the blood sugar up
Glucose tablets when I was really caught short but tried to avoid them as they gave me a temporary lift then was down again like a lead balloon.

As for the headache if you can get migrane ice they are good - really freezes your head. Its like a patch that goes really cold you put on your forehead.

Congrats on your pg and hope you get throught his bit soon !

Clare

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi Scarlet

I can send you ginger bisscuits if you want to IM me with your address. I'm still a couple of weeks behind you so guess I've got it all to come.

Hope you feel better today.

Love Molly
:)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi Scarlet,

Sorry to hear you are unwell. I am 9 weeks and 3 days and have also been unwell, not as nauseous as you though. When I do get nauseous I use Sea Bands. They are bands with little nobbly pastic bits. The bands go on your wrists and the nobbly bits put pressure on pressure points that help with sickness. They worked for me. I also found that although any drinks make me feel sick, drinking lots of spring water has helped with my tredness a little.

If you put sea bands in on a search engine it will come up with their web site.

Hope you feel a little better soon - I know it is tough.

Love jen xx

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Hi Scarlet
I sympathise with you hon, I too had sickness early on and it's awful.
I tried anything..and some foods just seemed to agree with me and bubs.
For me the best thing was to try and graze all day.. little and often.
Tip-tops..(dunno what they're called outside Derby..lol) frozen drinks...helped my nausea and kept my sugar levels up.
Ice cubes too, took away the sickness.
Arrow-root or Rich Tea biscuits were a help too, and lemon and honey in hot water...dunno why but it helped.
Hang in there hon...it won't last for long...just feels like it ^cuddleup^
take care sweetheart
Angel
XX

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
And when Mollys supply run out, I can send you some more, hoping things improve Candy x

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everyone for your postings. i have been on holiday for two weeks so i did not get your replies until today. i went away the next day after i posted and felt sick the whole holiday and still now!
thanks for offering to send me ginger biscuits but i am in france so might cost a packet! otherwise that would be great. i will try some of the things you have all suggested. someone else mentioned 'grazing' on dry foods but not heard about the blood sugar levels. i will try anything as feel sick all the time and now have some brown discharge to make me feel worse. just over 8 weeks so only 4 or 5 weeks to go! seems like a lifetime. and it is so hot to make it worse. it was a shame i felt like that on holiday but i tried not to complain to much after wanting to get prg so much.
thanks again folks.xxxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts