Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a lot of the posts on this ask the nurse section, but not found anything which quite matches my own concerns, so thought I better post a quiery myself.

I had a positive result last Wed (25th Aug) on my second cycle of IVF, and since egg collection seemed to have bloated more and more each day. I had been dieting previously before treatment, and had got down to 9 stone, but I am now 9 stone 11lb, just over the past few weeks. I know I am not dieting enymore, but I am not going mad either. In fact at the moment, because I feel so bloated, I feel unable to move easily after eating a normal sized meal.

I feel very bloated, and look about 6 months pregnant. My back hurts, and I find it hard to take a very deep breath at times. I am also waking up during the night several times being uncomefortable, and aith stomach pains and heartburn, but it seems to go when I get up.

Is this all normal? Or should I be worried. I did tell my clinic, but they said it is just my swollen ovaries, and the effect of the medication. I am on cyclogest pessaries. They said if it gets worse then contact them, but I don't know if it has or not, it certainly hasn't got any better.

I have even had to go and buy some new clothes, as none of my trousers fit.

Any comforting advice would be greatly appreciated. Or should I go back to the clinic?

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
EmeldaK

we were chatting last night in the chat room

hope the Doctor rang back and that every thing is ok

Love Mini xx

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
hi emeldak,

You poor thing, its sound smost uncomfortable for you  :-\

I think you should speak with your clinic on monday..... just to put your mind at rest, there is a chance that with your swollen ovaries you could develop OHSS, I would pay your Dr a visit or call your clinic just to put your mind at rest....

I hope you have a more comfortable day today..... take care and i wish you all the best in your pregnancy xxxx

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi Em,

I'm not a nurse, and this is my first cycle, but I had my EC last week and am also on those yukky pessaries. :p I've also felt v. bloated since the EC and have pretty much the same symptoms as you (tho perhaps not as severe). So although I agree you should probably see yr Dr a)just in case and b)to put yr mind at rest, what you're experiencing is probabaly normal.

My clinic told me to drink at least 2 litres of water every day to help with the bloating - no idea why this works but apparently it does.

Well good luck with everything and ^congrats^ on yr +ve result!!
Lol, F x

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Hi Emelda

Just wanted to say, I hope you are feeling a bit better today.

I don't know how you responded to stimms (how many follicles you produced) and I'm not a nurse but your symptoms do sound rather like OHSS to me?  I agree that you should speak to the clinic (I think they have a 24 hour contact number) as soon as you can so that they can check you over and make sure everything is ok.

Love
Dee
xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts