Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My question is about pessaries given to support an early pg.

I'm on the 2WW and have been given Progesterone 400mg pessaries to take 2x daily. I'm 7 dpt (if you count ET day) and have only been given enough pessaries for 3 more days.

I am concerned that it seems rather soon to stop them and rather a big drop from a 400mg level of 'support' for my system down to none.

I have miscarried before and would like some advice.

Imogen.x

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Hi Imogen - i'm no expert or anything but on my last cycle I was given enough progesterone to last the whole 2ww and then if i got a positive (didn't) the clinic said i would need to keep taking the progesterone for 12 weeks i think (could have been a bit less but i can't remember)
hope this helps but if i were you i would check with your clinic

love nicxx

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi Imogen

I have been given pessaries to support me throughout my 2ww both on this cycle & my last.
I would raise your concerns with your clinic
Loisx

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi Imogen
I've had Tx at two different clinics with different progesterone support regimes:

First clinic i just had 2weeks supply and didn't continue further support after +ve test

second clinic was advised to continue with progesterone after i tested +ve. Only discontinued when they had confirmed that the pregnancy had definately failed.

On this subject the 2 clinics used different types and doses of progesterone (Clinic 1 cyclogest - 1 pessary (?400mg), Clinic 2 urogestan 600mg (which can also be taken orally but advised to take as pessary)
(preferred the cyclogest as a pessary - the urogestan got very sticky!)

Anyone else got comments on this?!!

wll be asking my consultant about this when i see him next week.

wizz

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Imogen,

I have had three failed IVF attempts however on each one the clinic gave me enough cycolgest pessaries to last me the 2ww and then said if I got a +ve I would continue with them until 12 weeks.

So it sounds like you need to go back to your clinic and ask for some more.

Good Luck & wishing you lots of babydust.

LOL

Zoe

XX

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi again :D

Went to see nice GP and he wrote me a prescription for some pessaries and said will happily do this until (and IF) I ever get to 12/13 weeks. He feels it is unwise to take such a high level in the first 2 weeks and then suddenly stop as this in itself could cause misc.

Hurrah. Even if I don't suceed this time, I now know I don't have to worry about this in the future.

Thanks to Woppa, Wizz, Lois, ZoeR and NicJ for all your help and advice.

love from Imogen.x.x.x.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts