Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a positive beta of 147 today but for the past few days I've been experiencing twinges and slight pains in both sides. It's been mostly on the right - where most of the eggs came from - but a bit on the left too. I'm panicing about ectopic pregnancies. I mentioned it to my clinic and they said it was probably just the ovaries settling down and starting to take over the progesterone production. Does this sound right?? If it was ectopic would the pain be really severe? I'm already worried out of my mind, hope I'm not like this for the remaining 8 months!!

Gabi

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Gabi - just seen your post - congratulations on your BFP.

I had a friend who had 2 ectopics and she explained to me that in a normal pregnancy your Beta count should double every daybut in an ectopic pregnancy, it doesn't increase like this. So I think if you're very worried, then your clinic may be able to arrange another blood test and the results should set your mind at rest.

best of luck

Rosy

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Gabi

I have had 2 ectopics both were very different, but what was the same on both was when I tested the line was very faint. the first one I somehow knew and I went to my GP I had some pains but only on one side and funny enough on the wrong side!, the second was IVF and I had no pains but did have only a faint line on the test.

Rosey is right if you are really worried ask your clinic to do another blood test, but to be honest if they were at all worried they would have asked you to go back for another one anyway.
So if I was you I would stop worrying and enjoy your pregnancy!

^goodluck^

Saff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts