Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how it is possible to have an ectopic pg when you have IVF ? 

I thought that as they put the embryos directly into the womb, then it would not be possible for an ectopic.  Can anyone explain it to me please  :)

Many thanks

Jennifer xx

·
Registered
426 Posts
hi my name is lisa
i have had a ectopic preg before not through ivf though so now im at care trying ivf.
when i went there i asked them what was chances of having another ectopic and they said that sometimes they can float back into your tubes although its not common ,they just have to tell you that
but its not common that it can happen hope this has been some help to you
lisa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BUMP

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yes unfortunately you can as the tubes have chemical receptors in them which attract the embryo, and it can work the other way round. You are usually more at risk if you have had previous eps but yes it can happen xx

·
Registered
48 Posts
HI everyone, as I have had a previous ectopic and am waiting to move onto IVF it was a question I asked as well.  My consultant said that there was a 3% chance of having an ectopic with IVF follwing a previous ectopic (and as Lisa says it is something to do with floating embryos!) - very uncommon but they do have to mention it. 

SuzyChick xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.