Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I had my Ec on 06.10 and first blood test on 20.10 which was positive but with a low HCG of 35- had repeat test today and it is now 87.

I am having a scan on 04.11 and was told only to be mildly optimistic and that may periods may start in the meantime- Help!!

I believe i am now at day 15 (post ET) so is this bad?

MomoXXX 

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry- on my first post i said ET was on 06.10 when it was actually 07.10.

Any advice appreciated!!

MomoXX

·
Registered
245 Posts
hi
iv recently had icsi and was due for my test today ,at first it said negative,then i took it to the window to look ,and im sure i could see a very faint line ,but really struggled to see this,
i tested again in the afternoon ,and again could only just make out a line,this was much fainter than the first test ,i then whent to chemist who did a test ,but this came back negative ,as u can imagine im totally confused to if i am pregnant or not ,does this line still count even tho chemist said im not?
much appreciated clare30

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Bower; I believe that HCG levels are supposed to at least double every 48 to 72 hours. There is a link to HCG levels in early pregnancy on the Bun In The Oven board and from this you can see that levels can vary widely and go on to produce a health baby at the end.
If you want peace of mind, you can always ask them to do another test in a few more days to make sure the levels are rising nicely. Meanwhile, be cautiously optimistic.

Clare; it's worth remembering that some of the home tests are more sensitive than the standard doctors and clinics tests. My first HPT had a squint-and-you-miss-it faint line but the hospital test done the next day was negative. Three days later, my levels had trebled and the HPT was big fat and clear as anything. GIve it a couple more days and test again. Make sure you use the first pee of the day as the concentration will be stronger.

Best of luck to both of you!

·
Registered
245 Posts
thanks caz
still not had af ,so thats hopfull ,will test again sun and mon ,im feeling quite positive and excited at the min ,hope its l not all for nothing ,thanks for ur reply
                              clare30

1 - 5 of 5 Posts