Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would having sex/orgasms in early pregnancy be harmful to my baby?

I've looked on other sites and cannot find anything to say that it is definitely harmful/dangerous.

Can someone please help?

Thanks.

Love
ZoeA
xxx

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dear ZoeA

Excuse me for butting in, I'm not a nurse, but I've just looked in the clinic info that I was given and it certaintly does not discourage sex after ec or et. Nor does Miriam Stoppard's book say anything about it being dangerous.

Enjoy!

Love
Joanna

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joanna,

Thanks for your reply.

It's so nice to have this web site so I can find out all the info I need.

Thanks.

Love
ZoeA
xxx

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Zoe

I am not a nurse but I just wanted to tell you of my experience. I am pregnant, on day 29 and I had an orgasm (no sex) on day 23 and I went to the toilet afterwards and there was a slight showing of bright red blood. Not sure if if was coincidence or not but I feel it was the orgasm because I felt uncomfortable immediately afterwards. We won't be rushing to do that again for a while!! I have seen on some ff threads 'not to have sex for the first three months' my friend also said she had read that somewhere too. I am really sad about it but after my experience I'm not risking it. The thing is, i just can't believe that such a natural thing like sex would affect such a natural thing like the foetus. Sorry, I've been no help whatsoever!!

Bye for now!

Love Hollie

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Zoe

Dh and I 'carried on' ;) as and when we wanted to and had no problems at all.

I think advice is that intercourse should be avoided if you bleed afterwards, or if you have a history of miscarriage. Otherwise I'm sure it's fine. A lot of people prefer not to, and I have to admit it is a bit odd to begin with. My clinic didn't advise either way. I'm sure if it was dangerous, so to speak, then there would be lots of advice out there saying to avoid it. All personal choice really as to whether you do or you don't.

Orgasms won't put your pregnancy at risk, and I'm positive of that. So if you'd prefer, maybe you and dh can enjoy them via alternative methods ;) It'd be a shame to miss out. Orgasms whilst pg are fab ;D

Have fun! ;D

Jayne x

·
Registered
949 Posts
Hiya

I would avoid it personally. When I was in the early stages of pregnancy and was spotting lightly I had an orgasm on the Saturday night and started bleeding heavily on the Sunday. Perhaps this was absolutely nothing to do with it but I would abstain certainly having already had 2 m/c's. Better to be safe than sorry is what I say!

Love

Karen xxx

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Karen

Did the bleeding stop eventually? What was the outcome?

Love Hollie

·
Registered
949 Posts
Hollie

No the bleeding got heavier and I had a m/c. Hence the reason I am now very careful and abstain from all of that kind of activity whilst on the 2ww and no doubt if I am lucky enough to get a pos this time I shall be told to abstain again.

Love

Karen xxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts