Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could anyone answer a question please...........
if you test early wether pg or not what would the result be??
if you have hcg trigger 2 days b4 ec then 2 days later you have et i thought hcg would be in system so you couldnt test until atlest after day 14 post et cos it would be (maybe ) a false positive ????????????????
am i right or am i confused???????????
can some one please explain cos i wanna test asap ....
i know i shouldnt but im going outta my mind !! ! ! !
any ideas girlies
xx

·
Registered
838 Posts
I am no nurse, but I would have thought there is not quite enough HCG to show up on a normal HCG test til 14 days after conception... as the days pass, the HCG rate gets higher, and thats when it can then be dtected by a test. Only other way to find out is by having blood tests.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi
so if i test early it would be neg!!
even tho i had trigger inj of hcg?
and if i was pg i have to test 14 days after ovulation otherwise levels will be too low...is that correct ish........
i think im confusing myself aswell as all of you lot!!!!!!!!
thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
hi marzy
i had hcg inj both before egg collection and after transfer and i was told that i could get a false reading as the hcg may still be in my system so try and wait till day 14 i know only too well how hard the 2ww is. hope it all works out ok? sending you lots of ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
love emma jayne

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi emma
when you say false reading do you mean a false positive cos of trigger or a neg because too early for test or both???
good luck for round 2 how far along cycle are you??
marzyxx

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
Hi Marzy,

I believe the trigger stays in your system for about 10 days but it varies from person to person.  The earliest I have got a positive from a pregnancy is about 9 days after a 3 day transfer (that is with the early response test).  Don't forget that before 14 days you can still get a false negative even if pregnant.   Some people (mad people of course!) test every day after trigger to see when test goes from pos. to neg.  then if they get a pos. after this they know it is pg.  However, this would probably drive most people nuts!!

I would think the earliest to start testing is from about 9 days after your transfer.  Even if you get a neg. hpt on day 14, I would still recommend going in for a beta hcg blood test as this is the most accurate way of knowing.

Basically a very long-winded way of saying you just have to wait a bit!
Good Luck
Daisy
xx

·
Registered
86 Posts
HIYA MARZY,
i don't know if this will help at all, coz i'm confused aswell.

i'm 12 dpt.....i had a hcg shot before egg collection and one 6 days after transfer....i'm one of these stupid people, i bought loads of cheap early hpt tests ( acon )  from ebay, i did a test on day 8 ...2 days after hcg injection, expecting it to show positive, i was going to test each day, to see when the hcg would leave my system , so i could get a true reading.
anyway....it was neg, so the hcg didn't show up on the test, i'v done one each day from then and they still neg.
my proper test....HPT from clinic is sunday.

please try not to test untill your proper day as it will just send you crazy ( like me )

GOOD LUCK
ANG X

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks girls
doesnt the wait drive you crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!
to put it in a nutshell then
if i test too early it could show a neg but i could be pg??
but it wouldnt show a positive till after day 10 and id have to be pg for it to show positive ....
correct.............
counting the days........
marzy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.