Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Toffee_apple hope you are doing ok, I'm sure spotting would be scary but it sounds like it's very little. I hope you're having a better day today.

Bossy - Sorry to hear you had a rough night, if you feel like getting another scan is going to put your mind at rest then it's worth it although I'm sure it will be fine. Keep reminding myself about your great scan last week and re-live that feeling.

MrsC that's wonderful news at you're 11 weeks and feeling good. All sounds very positive to me :) enjoy it!!

Honeybee - totally sympathise with the feelings about symptoms coming and going I have exactly the same worries. Some days my boobs feel much more sore than others, the tiredness is pretty constant but I'm not really having any nausea yet - probably should be careful what I wish for!! When is your next scan? I'm sure it's perfectly normal that you don't feel the same every day.

AFM, I'm trying to keep my anxiety in check and not doing a great job. I found out yesterday my MIL had gone out and bought a whole load of baby stuff despite promising me that she wouldn't and it tipped me over the edge! As a result last night I had awful nightmares about going to my scan next week and there being no heartbeat. Like you honeybee I don't really have any reason to feel worried and my rational brain says all the things we know so far says everything is fine but I can't seem to switch off those nagging worries in the back of my mind. This is our first ever cycle and I feel like we couldn't possibly be so lucky that everything would work out fine first time xxx

·
Registered
647 Posts
Thanks for your kind words mrscoyle. You're right and I know she's well intended so I need to try and not let it get to me and stay positive.

Happyeverafter I've always been really into my exercise so I didn't stop at all throughout IVF, the 2ww or now (only for a couple of days immediately after egg collection). My doctor said I'm fine to keep it up. I do yoga 3 - 4 days a week and can highly recommend - most teachers and classes will offer different levels for each pose so they're accessible to beginners or there are some good introductions to follow at home on youtube if you want to expose yourself to it a bit first before going to a class. Yoga is also great because it's quite meditative and the focus is on mind as well as body which I find really helps me feel great. I also go to the gym 3 times a week and do weights, I'm not lifting as heavy as I was before all this but I haven't found I really need to scale back much yet so if you feel like something a bit more vigorous if you feel up to it I don't think there's any reason why not! xx

·
Registered
647 Posts
Honeybee - I hope your scan goes well today, we'll be thinking of you!

MrsC - we share a scan date next week, only a week to go!!!

Mrsfw - how amazing they're both looking so great, that must have been such a wonderful day for you. How exciting that you're discharged from the clinic, you'll be into the second trimester in no time!

Stacey2016 - welcome to the group!! I'm only one day ahead of you 6 weeks today. That's brilliant that you've been able to be in a happiness bubble, long may it continue :)

HopefulKayte - congrats on making it to 13.5 weeks, it sounds like you've had a real journey to get here so I hope that the rest of your pregnancy continues smoothly. Great that you're taking the time off work at the moment, it certainly sounds like you need it. Keep looking after yourself xx

Bossy - I hope you're doing ok lovely and had a better night last night.

Happyeverafter - I think if you feel like exercising do it! I think your nurse might be being a little on the cautious side. My doctor was like there is nothing you can do that is going to change the genetics of your embryo and that's going to be what determines the outcome so go live your life!! It certainly made me feel better!

Toffee_Apple I'm so glad your scan is only a couple of days away so you can put your mind at rest. It doesn't sound like ominous spotting but totally understand why it would freak you out. fingers and toes crossed all is well and you get good news at your scan. I'll be thinking of you.

AFM - I am 6 weeks today which means 2 weeks down 1 to go until my scan. Can't come quickly enough!! I am also going to have to stop taking the tube at rush hour as I've always had very low blood pressure and packed tube with no seats, the heat and feeling nauseous are not making for a fun journey. I had to go and have a lie down in the sick room when I got to work as I felt horrendous!! I was made redundant just as we were starting our IVF which was pretty stressful but my amazing boss seems to have found me a new role that I can do so I can stay on and get my mat leave so things are looking up! xxx

·
Registered
647 Posts
Bossy - I'm so sorry to hear that, fingers toes and everything crossed for you that it's nothing to worry about and your scan goes well. Sending you all the positive thoughts I can xxx

Honeybee - that's wonderful news :)

MrsC - my scan is at 9.45am on the 13th. What time's yours? 

·
Registered
647 Posts
Bossy - so relieved to hear your scan all went well. Take care of yourself.

MrsC - that's awesome you got to sneak in an extra early scan and hear the heartbeat that must have been wonderful! Only 5 days to wait until the next one!!

AFM I've had an awful night, I'm not sure if it's pregnancy related or I've picked up a tummy bug but I was so ill and spent a good portion of the night on the cold bathroom tiles as it was the only place I felt comfortable as it was making me sweat so badly. Today I'm totally wiped out and have only managed to eat a piece of toast in the last 24 hours as I just can't face the thought of eating. Thank goodness I was working from home today anyway so I can have another sleep this afternoon. Luckily both my parents are doctors so are on call for any questions, mum reckons if there's no blood (which there isn't) nobody is going to be interested so I just need to ride it out and stay hydrated. Any tips on things you can eat when you're feeling this bad? xxx

·
Registered
647 Posts
Thanks so much, HopefulKayte and MrsC, you ladies are an absolute godsend!!  ^hugme^  Such helpful tips especially just going with what you can visualise eating, I've managed to eat some peanut butter on toast and a banana so feeling a little bit more human! Just settling down to have my second nap for the day. What a joy the first trimester is!! xxx

·
Registered
647 Posts
Thanks so much ladies for all your sympathy the last couple of days. After not being able to get off the sofa at all yesterday I'm glad to say I'm much better today and managed to eat breakfast and a small bite for lunch today so much improved!! All your tips and advice have been so helpful and reassuring. In a weird way I'm pleased to be feeling so terrible as it means things are probably ok with Bub, I'm on a daily scan countdown only 4 more to go!!!

Honeybee sorry to hear you also had a night like that it's not much fun is it!! Bossy so happy to hear the bleeding has stopped what a relief xxx

·
Registered
647 Posts
Toffee_Apple that's absolutely wonderful news, over the moon for you so happy to hear the twins are doing well that's made my day ^hugme^

HopefulKayte you poor thing that sounds absolutely dreadful. I really hope that as your pregnancy continues to progress things get a bit better for you. Thank goodness that the end result will be worth it because feeling so ill for so many months is miserable!

So happy it's Friday, I feel like I could sleep all weekend!! Has anyone got anything nice planned? xxx

·
Registered
647 Posts
hey ladies I hope you're all having a lovely weekend. I feel almost normal today for the first time this week so I've made the most of it eaten a proper breakfast and lunch and been for a nice long walk. One half of me feels great having been able to get out and about today and the other half stupidly worried it's not a good sign! I'm going to be careful what I wish for though as I don't fancy another night on the bathroom floor!!

I have another question for you all about how you ladies would handle the following situation: one of my very closest friends has also been going through IVF, she had to have a termination last year for medical reasons (Edward's Syndrome) which was very traumatic and since then they couldn't fall pregnant naturally again so she's had 2 failed cycles so far this year and is preparing herself for a 3rd this time a FET. We were cycling at almost the same time when I got my BFP I was about 3 weeks behind her. I feel so guilty as we've been so lucky to have a BFP on our first try and I so badly want things to work for her too. I get the sense she's avoiding me a little since we got our news and I wouldn't blame her - I wouldn't be able to help feeling resentful while happy at the same time if it had been the other way around and in a weird way I feel like she deserves it more than I do after everything she's already had to go through. She lives back in Australia and we're going back in 5 weeks for Christmas so it'll be the first time I get to see her in 12 months. How do you think I should handle things? I'm so unsure whether to only speak to her about things if she brings it up as I don't want to make her feel bad but then I also know that she's a good friend and she will be happy for us. What do you think? How would you approach it? xxx

·
Registered
647 Posts
Welcome Shelbo76 I remember you from the cycle buddy board too, congratulations on your BFP!!! From your signature I can see that looks like a great first beta, fingers crossed you get good news on the next one too. Definitely feel your pain re the 3ww it's been the slowest 3 weeks of my life but my scan is on Tuesday morning so only one more day of waiting for me. My symptoms (other than tiredness and slightly sore boobs which are sticking around) have really dropped over this weekend and I'm trying to be grateful and not let it freak me out as they've tended to come and go a bit. Just do whatever helps you to relax and try and enjoy the fact that you're pregnant :)

HopefulKayte & MrsC thanks for your advice re my friend, I think all very good points. I so desperately hope for her they have a successful cycle next time around and I want to be able to be there for her like she has been for me. I've told her how brave I think she is and I'll let her take the lead on whether she does/doesn't want to talk about my pregnancy.

HopefulKayte such a touching story re your DH. You're so right that it's easy sometimes to forget how this is affecting them when so much of it is happening to our bodies. Ours was MFI and one day my husband just broke down and told me how it was killing him that I was having to go through IVF because he couldn't give me a child and I told him that I couldn't imagine a life without him far more than I couldn't imagine a life without children. I had not realised just how much it was affecting him.

I hope the rest of you ladies have had a lovely relaxing weekend. So nearly scan day MrsC!!! xxx

·
Registered
647 Posts
Shelbo that's a brilliant second beta - hopefully you feel like you can relax a little and enjoy your pregnancy for a while, while you wait for your scan. Thanks for your good wishes, funnily enough although during it it felt so slow, now it's basically over it actually feels like it's gone pretty quickly.

MrsC I hope you had a lovely day off today and are feeling ok for tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you!

AFM, I'd been managing to keep myself positive but I must admit I'm super nervous now, I just hope with all my heart that things go ok and we see a heartbeat. I wish I'd spent less of the last 3 weeks worrying and more time just enjoying being pregnant because if it is all over tomorrow it would have been nice to hang on to the feeling for longer. If it does all go well, I hope I can learn that lesson for the wait until the next one!!!

Love to everyone else I hope you're all having a good start to the week xxx

·
Registered
647 Posts
MrsC that’s wonderful I can’t imagine how amazing it must be to see it wiggling around like that!!

On the whole my scan went well, we saw a strong flickering heartbeat so I feel hugely relieved. I am measuring a few days behind where I thought I was, the nurse said that is normal and could mean it implanted later and I mustn’t worry. They’re going to scan me again in a week or so to check everything is growing ok. Did this happen to anybody else? They kept telling me not to worry that everything looks great but I can’t help but worry! Xxx

·
Registered
647 Posts
Janeliot congrats on your scan that's wonderful :)

MrsC I feel so excited for you that you are graduating on to the other thread! I am glad though that you're planning on keeping on eye on us here too as we'll miss you! I truly hope that you have a joyful 2nd trimester and feel amazing.

Shelbo I think your light headedness can also be down to the fact you have a lot more blood pumping around right now so your blood pressure can be lower during early pregnancy. I had postural hypertension before I feel pregnant (basically my BP is really low and it drops when I stand up so I can get dizzy and even faint if I do it too quickly) and it's even more exaggerated now I'm pregnant.

Honeybee - Embrace all the eating I say!! Totally understand your nerves and fingers crossed that all is well and you get the results you're hoping for. Also jealous you're off to SA that sounds amazing - just the right time of year to go and get some sunshine!!

AFM - Thanks so much ladies for your reassurance, it really helps - today of all days I have to feel happy and grateful because I am definitely pregnant on this day!! Bossy thanks for sharing your story, it makes me feel loads better to know I'm not the only one and it doesn't mean I need to read anything too much in to it. Hopefully the little bean will have caught up some by next week. At least I don't have to wait too long to find out this time! A week is nothing compared to the three I just had to do! xxx

·
Registered
647 Posts
HopefulKayte - you are such a trooper, I guess on the one hand if it was the same with your son you know you know as awful as it is you can do it. Still my heart goes out to you as it must feel like it's going to be a very long 9 months if you're feeling so unwell all the time. I think you're amazing!!

Janeliot thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you're still hanging around on this board too!

Shelbo - definitely keep fighting your corner. I agree with Honeybee it's the least they can do. I also have a soap box re NHS as we initially were told we'd get 3 cycles which is what's available in our CCG but because my husband is an Australian we got none (although they told me if I left him and went it alone with a donor then I'd be eligible for funding) and so in the end we had to totally self-fund. Then to add insult to injury after ringing me with that decision the NHS clinic then kept sending me appointment letters and every time I had to call them and remind them they washed their hands of us!!

Toffee_apple what a pain it sounds like you're having getting your scan sorted. We found it a total nightmare trying to mix NHS and private when we first started out it was totally chaotic so I feel your pain! Sounds like you're almost on track now? My next scan is a week today so not long to wait.

Bossy - that sounds like such a wonderful moment for you and your DH  ^hugme^

AFM, I'm trying to hard to stay positive after yesterday but I'm really struggling. I just don't understand how all my hCG results could be so much higher than average but then to be so many days behind. I've sent an email to my consultant so we'll see what he has to say about it. I have read a lot of positive stories last night about babies catching up so I just have to hope and pray that we become one of them. They didn't tell me what the heartbeat was which is probably a good thing as if I knew it would just give me yet another thing to worry about! I am so much more scared of miscarriage than I ever was of a BFN - I'd spent months expecting this cycle to fail and preparing myself for that I just was not ready at all for this bit! xxx

·
Registered
647 Posts
Mrsfw that's great about your harmony scan, another great positive step in the right direction so pleased for you :)

Honeybee - I have a good feeling about your harmony test too, stay in your happy place!

MrsC - I would count yourself as in the 2nd trimester! have you been telling people about your pregnancy yet?

Toffee_Apple - I can't believe what a hassle you are having with the GP!! What a pain. Sorry to hear you're not feeling too hot although I'd be delighted for some nausea right now as my symptoms are still pretty light on.

AFM, I'm sorry ladies but I'm really not in a good place mentally. I heard back from my consultant, it didn't really put my mind at ease, all he said was "Hope all is well as can be expected. Sizes can be quite positional in terms of how easy to find, how lying etc so only real way of knowing is that rescans and if appropriate growth in a week then very reassuring". Basically you just have to wait and see, but in my heart I know that it could go either way. I know it's stupid because we don't even know things aren't ok at this stage but I can't help but feel annoyed with myself that we went ahead and did this cycle without SSR when we knew DH's DNA fragmentation wasn't great and that was a bit of a gamble. I feel like if I do miscarry I should have known it was inevitable and we shouldn't have taken the risk. I'm a natural worrier and I think ever since we started the cycle I've been expecting bad news and we haven't had it and so my stupid brain is now going well here's the bad news, you knew it was coming :( xxx

·
Registered
647 Posts
MrsC - a Christmas announcement will be so lovely that's a nice time to do it. That's exciting you're going to find out the gender, do you have a feeling what you think he or she might be? We did have a long discussion with our urologist about whether it was the right time, we all agreed to give it a go but we did all acknowledge that the next step would be SSR so it was a calculated risk. We'll have to wait and see. Scan is at 10am next Wednesday so only 4 more days to wait.

Lori - congrats on your 12 week scan lovely!

Honeybee - thanks for your words of encouragement  ^hugme^ the day you get to finish your pessaries will be such a good day!! I hate those things too! I realised I have had only one drug free day (the day after trigger) since the 8th September. For most of you ladies it will have been even longer. Crazy huh!

Shelby - hopefully you'll be able to get things sorted with your GP re your thyroid now. What a pain that it came just after your appointment, typical!!

Bossy - I'm 4 or 5 days behind (in the room she said 5 on the letter to my GP she wrote 4 so who knows!) enough to make it unlikely to just be a measurement error. That is a big week for you next week, I'll be thinking of you, I'm sure all will go well though and you'll be able to graduate on to the due date board!!

AFM, I just want to thank you ladies for being a source of light for me in what has otherwise been a pretty dark week. I did a super intense yoga class this afternoon which let me release all my pent up energy and I ended up having a good cry at the end of it but actually it's made me feel a lot better. I've moved on into a place where I'm more accepting and I know that I just have to wait and see and if it isn't meant to be this time then I will find the strength to go again xxx

·
Registered
647 Posts
Sorry I’ve been absent for a few days, I banned myself from the internet in a bid to stay sane while waiting for my scan. Also apologies for the lack of personals I’m on my phone and my head is all over the place but welcome to the newbies on this thread and Bossy wonderful news that you’re having a little boy 💙. I promise to read through everything I’ve missed tonight and do a proper catch up.

So today was my repeat scan day and it is a mixed bag. I’d love to know what you ladies make of it all. I’ll start with the bad news, baby is still measuring behind and has slipped back by another couple of days which is very worrying. The good news is it has doubled in size since last week which was very notable on the scan, it has a gestational sack and yolk sack more of the size to be expected for 8 weeks (which is what I should be) and a heart rate of 140bpm which again is more consistent with 8 weeks. After another afternoon of googling I’m struggling to find stories where the slow growth is not matched with a low heartbeat. Also, from what else I can find in scientific papers CRL growth of <0.2mm is predictive of MC but ours it’s more like 0.7mm per day so not the 1mm average but not terrible either. The consultant told me that he isn’t worried that I shouldn’t scan again next week and I should wait 2 weeks this time and I think I’m going to follow that advice. I’m not sure how I should feel, obviously it’s not what we hoped to hear but it’s also far from the worst too. Part of me thinks it’s my job to be this baby’s cheerleader and I have to believe in it but I’m so scared that something is wrong and there are some signs of that with the slow growth. What do you all think? How would you feel if you were me? Xxx

·
Registered
647 Posts
Thanks LXP for your reassuring words. Funnily enough DH is super tall 6ft 3 and I’m average height 5ft 6 so neither of us are small, but I think perhaps our baby is just taking a little time getting going. We’re still within the normal range for such early scans (towards the limit but still within it at the moment). DH feels that this is a reasonably good outcome, on a scale of 0 to 10 with 0 being it’s all over and 10 being the best (fully caught up with normal HB) this is about a 7, still plenty to be hopeful about xx

·
Registered
647 Posts
Toffee_Apple I’m so sorry to hear you’ve had such a stressful day. I think your plan sounds like a sensible one and sending you all the good luck vibes I can for your scan tomorrow.

In terms of keeping relaxed I second MrsCs recommendations. My yoga teacher also recommended these two albums on Spotify which I like for keeping me calm and I listen to on my commute: the artist is Beautiful Chorus and the albums are called Mantras in Love and Hymns of Spirit. I also highly recommend yoga, the breathing techniques are so good for keeping your mind calm -  I do a minimum of 30 mins yoga every day.

Thanks for all your kind comments over the last few days ladies, it’s really helped me to just focus on being positive and hoping for the best xxx

·
Registered
647 Posts
LXP - Keep busy to avoid symptom spotting. I don't really have any symptoms either, only tiredness and slightly sore boobs and although I'm not having the smoothest ride we know my baby is doing ok as I only scanned 2 days ago. I've not really had any nausea the whole time but then my mum never had morning sickness with either of her pregnancies so I think everyone is different just consider yourself lucky!

Janeilot - thanks for your kind words, all the reassurance I've had from all you ladies on here has really helped me so much.

Hannx welcome to the thread! I'm sorry to hear you've had a tough time of it with your previous pregnancies. I think every pregnancy is different so I wouldn't read too much in to your symptoms. Good luck with your scan tomorrow, everything crossed for you.

Toffee_Apple I hope all goes well today, I'll be thinking of you  ^hugme^

Happy Friday everyone and as always thank you for being such an amazing support, I had a huge fight with my parents last night about everything and it is hard because they just don't understand. I know that coming here I am always talking to kind, compassionate women who really know what it feels like and I don't know what I'd do without you all xxx 

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.