Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I got a BFP on 27th August - I will be 6 weeks tomorrow and have my first scan on Friday.  Yesterday I had some dark brown spotting (about 6 spots) and panicked!  This morning it has turned to a light/mid brown coloured discharge (sorry if tmi).  I have very mild tummy ache/af pains every now and then which I have had since the 2nd week of 2ww.  Does this mean that there is a problem.  My clinic stopped the cyclogest at the end of the 2ww as it is their policy not to continue with it when you get a BFP.  I see that a lot of other girls take it throughout the 1st tri - could this make a difference?  Any reassurance would be appreciated!

Thank you, Alison

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi Alison

we were together on the 2ww and I got my bfp a day after you and this Saturday I started with AF cramps and spotting too. I spoke to my hospital and they assured me I didn't need to take any action unless the blood was red. Fortunately the pains and the spotting eased off yesterday. I read somewhere that sometimes you can get this around the time your period would have been due although the nurse I spoke to at the hospital this morning didn't seem to think this is the case. I am taking progynova and cyclogest for the first 12 weeks and if I start spotting red blood then I have to get Gestone shots (extra progesterone). Have you spoken to your clinic? Maybe they'll prescribe you cyclogest if you ask or go to your GP.

Sorry, i waffled a bit there, but I feel relieved that someone else is experiencing this - makes it feel more normal. My clinic said there's nothing they can do now until my first scan, which is 16th.

Ange x

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ange

Thanks for putting my mind at rest a bit.  You are right it does help to know that you are not the only one with certain symptoms!  Glad that you have 'settled' a bit, I haven't had any more dark spots and now is just a very pale colour so feel OK.  I have my first scan on Friday which hopefully will reassure me that everything is going OK.  I hope that yours goes well on the 16th - I will be watching out for your progress - will we relax when we get to 12 weeks?!

Love Alison x

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello

I didn't realise that I was pg (anxiously awaiting AF so could start Clomid at the time) and experienced tummy cramps and spotting (to the point of using a tampon on one occasion [really sorry if TMI]. I wished I had noted the dates and duration at the time but it turns out that so far all okay. This was the reason I had an early scan. I did read somewhere that this can happen when a normal AF due as the balance of hormones not quite settled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts