Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies...

I am back to pick your brains again...

I am 8 weeks pregnant and suffer chronic IBS which brings me agonising pains when I need to do number 2's....!!!! its a lot worse since getting my BFP but have been told that all should settle down around the 12 week mark fingers crossed, cos it feels like labour every time I try to poo!!!

Anyway question is.. can baby (bean) feel the pain that I am feeling....

Thanking you for any responses xxx

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi Tinks,

I too am suffering really bad pains when going to the toilet. I don't have IBS but since getting BFP I have been having bouts of diarrhoea which have been very, very painful (sorry if TMI). Doctor thinks it could be a combination of pregnancy hormones and the OHSS symptoms I've been suffering.

In answer to your question I wouldn't know if the baby can feel the pain but every scan I've been for since BFP (and I've had one every week since 5 weeks) the doctors have been really pleased that the baby is doing fine - right size for dates and a good strong heartbeat. So, I've kind of taken to thinking that the little one really has no idea what we are going through for them!!!!

I really hope you're right about it easing off at 12 weeks and I hope you're feeling better very soon. Sorry if I haven't helped much but I just thought I'd let you know that you weren't on your own with this one!

Take care and speak to you soon,

Lots of love,
Han xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Tinks & Han

I can share your pains when it comes to No. 2 :eek:  Since Friday going to the loo has been a nightmare - I actually dread eating too much food!  I think we may have a bit of constipation and the pg books advise to eat more fibrous foods to get things a bit looser (sorry TMI).  And the pg must be playing havoc with our system.

Hope botty pains sort themselves out soon and sooner than 12 weeks would be nice  ;D

I doubt very much that it would affect bubs  ;)

Take care.

Nic G xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for you replies everyone...

I agree I am scared of eating a big meal cos i'm in agony afterwards!!!

I have tried taking fybergel but that makes the pains worse.

If it helps any of you... I dont have it everyday now since I started moderating Carbs... but that is just me not only to I have IBS I have gluten intolerence too which amplifes the IBS after eating potatoes and bread pastas etc etc!!!

I just hope that Bean cant feel anything!!! I apologise to bean everytime I suffer with this.. which is about everyother day.

Thanks for your response nice to now I ma not suffering in silence and alone!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts