Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just hoping someone could give me some reassurance as i am worry myself sick (sick enough from preg so this isn't helping!! :-[) In short i have been ttc for 3 years, have had 1 m/c and after various operations due to uterine abnormality had just started IVF drug treatment when i found out i was pregnant!! I had an early scan last friday (5 weeks 6 days) and they could clearly see the sac but wasn't 100% that they could see the yolk. They said it is still very early and not to worry, also i have an interted uterus which she said made it harder to see. ANyway i now have another scan booked this friday and i am worried sick that they will not see anything other then the sac!!
Should i be worried this early? I suppose alot could change in a week??

Thanks for any advice you can give as i think i am going  ^idiot^ with worry. I am very Nauseous all the time which i belive is a good sign but still need some convincing that this could turn out ok!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think 5 weeks and 6 days is too early to detect a heart beat.  I don't know why clinics do these scans so early, 6 weeks is the very, very earliest they can see anything, and I've heard of so many girls who have had to go back the following week and have seen the heart beat then.  I'm sure everything will be fine, try not to worry too much (harder said than done, I know) but you have the symptoms and I'm sure it's just that your clinic did the scan too early.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
dont worry - its far tooooooooooooooooooo early to see anything - thats all they would be able to see.  just wait for your scan, you will see how fast your embie has grown at your next scan.  I agree with jackie, its just too early to do a scan before 6 weeks (at the earliest) and mostly people end up been more worried as there is so little they can see!  Most clinics only scan at 7 weeks becasue of this
i am sure evreything is absolutely fine

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
^hello^

I just want to agree with the others, i had a scan at 5 weeks because by my dates i should have been closer to seven. I was worried sick until i went back and there he was. it is a bit early so i am sure everything will be fine. Plus i was told that morning sickness is a good thing cos it is due to the amount of pg hormones in your blood. (my midwife told me that)

Hope u have a healthy and happy pg.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Jenny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.