Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(Hi sorry to be a pain i posted this question on another subject and recieved no reply and it and family are driving me mad mad mad.............
To cut a long story short had 1st icsi end march ET was last thursday so its been a week and a day, I had 2 2 cells replaced as nurse said they were better quality than my 4 cells.
My period is due aound 5th may as have 35 day cycles my clinic advised to take test on 3rd which will be 16 days aftre transfer.

THE PROBLEM IS IM A TERRIBLE WAITER

Im getting myself worked up as its my 1st 2ww and having period symptoms ie. migraine back aches bloating sore boobs ect everyone nagging for me to do test early but dont wanna jinx it.
My question is how early can you do it to get an accurate result would i gat one only a week after transfer
Thanx for reading my moans xxxx
michelle

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
Hi hun

DONT test early!  ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^
If you did a test and it was negative, you are going to feel dreadfully upset
and it of course could be a false reading
Its not impossible to get an early BFP, but if your embryo's were late implanters then you wont get a positive result yet
It really is best to wait until test day hun, i know how hard that is, and the 2ww is just awful
but honestly if you do that test and get a negative, you will feel a whole lot worse than you do now, trust me ive been there myself
With regards to the symptoms, take no notice of them, pg symptoms are exactly the same as period ones
i had all my regular period symptoms, and even started bleeding, and i got a BFP, so it really can go either way hun.
Hang in there you are doing very well, and try to enjoy being PUPO (pregnant until provenotherwise) for another few days
lots of luck to you, let us know how you get on
Love Danni x x  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Hi Michelle,

I wouldn't advise testing early because the problem is you find you dont believe it, it it comes up BFP the problem is "Is it the HCG trigger shot still in my system" If its BFN it could just be too early and i'd say a week is far too early to tell.

The waiting is awful... but neccessary.. 2ww's are heard enough without adding any extra stress either... i know i'd be like you and want to test early.. so i hope when my time comes i'll be able to follow my own advice!!!

Good luck for testing hun  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx evryone it is really hard  :( the added pressure of everyone asking don make it any easier wish i could jus bury my head till test date and see no one, 3 of my mates have just had babies last week aswel and my best mates due to have twins any day and is actually in early labour " im so soddin jealous", all you seem to get is "ya don want kids have mine" or "stay how you are".
anyhow thanks again and il try be more posotive some dont even get to this stage so there is always someone worse off than yourself.

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
Hon

if testing earlier is likely to put your mind at rest than I don't see why you shouldn't do it.

As long as you bear in mind what the other posters have said with regard to false results then if peeing on a stick stops you from driving yourself mental then I say, go ahead.

Just to reiterate, you need to know that the average body processes HCG at around 1000iu a day. So if you test too early then you may get a false positive because the preg test is picking up the HCG trigger shot and not HCG that your embie's producing naturally.

If on the other hand, you test before official test date and you get a negative, well that's not necessarily the end. If your embie implanted late, then it won't have started producing it's own hcg yet anyway, but at least you know that the trigger shot has left your system.  Which means any future positive you get is a true one.  OK it might turn out to be a chemical pregnancy but you can't know that until you've had a blood test anyway but for me the important thing is to see that second line and know that I've done it, I've reached that milestone.

When you do get a positive result, the rule of thumb is that levels of HCG double every 48hours.  So to check whether it's from the HCG jab or it's the implanted embie doing it's thing, you could retest every other day.  If the lines are getting darker then, logically it's the embie. If they get lighter then it was the HCG jab/a chemical pregnancy.

Also bear in mind with late implanters that a negative result on the peestick can become a positive on the bloodtest on exactly the same day because the levels in your urine are lower than the levels in your bloodstream. 

Never say never, particularly if you're an early tester!

Speaking personally, I find it gives me just a slight feeling of control, knowing that I at least have the possibility to find out for myself, in advance, instead of having to wait for a blood test on a specific date which, like just about everything else in tx, I have no control over.  Also if I hadn't tested early on my last cycle, I would still now be thinking that I've never been able to get an embie to implant which is not the case because I got a positive, however briefly last time around, and that is a great source of hope to me.

I know that what I'm saying is ttc heresy but I don't think it's right to tell people "don't test early" full stop.  I think the rule should be don't test early unless you feel you can handle the above scenarios.

All the best, whatever you decide to do testing wise, and ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for a positive result for you Shell!

xxx

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Hi Hun

Firstly disregard the date you think your period would be due, it counts for nothing at all on an icsi cycle as your cycle has been artificially manipulated by all the drugs. ^hugme^ I understand how hard it is to wait but honestly if you test early you're just storing up heartache for yourself, if you get a bfp it might be HCG still in your system from your trigger and if you get a bfn it might just be because it's too early so either way you're just storing up heartache for yourself.

^goodluck^

Axxx

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Shell,

I am like nix.. I do test early but I am prepared for how the result will make me feel.( ive done 6 icsi's)
You wont know how it will affect you until you do it & it is hard when its a negative result
& if you get a a positive you wont believe it & you will do LOADS  more.

All I can say is... ALL the pregnancy signs you are getting are also the EXACT same as the
cylogest give you & all the people you have told will not know this as I guess they have all got
pregnant naturally so... YOU CAN NOT GO BY THOSE PAINS, SORE BUST ETC.....

Good luck whatever you decide to do  :)

Katy. xxxxxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts