Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Vicky and live abroad - I had an EP in August 2003 and we've being ttc since. I had all the usual tests like HCG and infections and hormone tests and everything was coming back OK.

In May this year I changed doctors to a German guy who did what they call a guided cycle. He diagnosed something called LUF syndrome - its something like a premature ov where your LH is too high.

Last month I did another guided cycle with a drug called Cetrotide and then Gonal F but I didn't ovulate.

I went to see him on Monday and he said there is a Modern drug called orgalutron but that isn't available here so he will have to do a long process using Dufaston and then gonal over 2 cycles to really suppress my LH.

I have so many questions and I try to ask him - I think he's great and I know I am in good hands but his communications skills are not the best... I want to ask how on earth did I get pregnant with the Ep if all this is going on and I wondered if anyone else has been through something similar? Its all quite daunting and an emotional roller coaster

Hoping for hugs and news from anyone

Vicky

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Vicky welcome to FF and I am sending you hugs as requested!!
^Cuddle^
It's always difficult trying to access fertility treatment in another country.
When a woman has a raised LH all the time it can cause problems in not allowing the follicles to grow and the eggs mature in them. It may be that this has always been the case and you just had an amazing cycle when you concieved. I can see his reasoning with orgalutron as it suppresses the LH in a short term basis but so does Cetrotide. Have you checked with the company as to if it is definatley not available where you are. The company is Organon and you could check their website.
I'm sorry I can't give you any other info at present but I really hope things sort themselves out for you.
Best wishes,

Ruth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts