Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My DD was diagnosed with a milk/lactose allergy when she was a few weeks old and put on special formula. On the paeds instructions I tried her on some milk at 8 months to see if it had settled and unfortunately she ended up with eczema.  :( We went back to having just fruit and veg and with the help on aveeno it had mostly cleared up.

I then started adding food back one week at a time. Well this week I started her on beef and took her swimming (salt water pool) on the same day - one day later and she is flaring really badly. Now I am not sure if it is the beef or the swimming  ^idiot^ ?

Has anyone found swimming made their baby's eczema worse?

Thanks

Os

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
it's funny you mention swimming because two of my friends who have babies with eczema have eczema suits to swim in.  they sell them at the waterbabies website.  my baby has eczema as well and i am thinking of getting him one of them.  my hv told me that he needs to be "lubed" up with hydromol (like vaseline) and obv you can't hold them when they are slippery, hence the eczema suit.  the cream acts as a barrier to the water.  xx

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hi, my little girl has eczema and i'd say its the swimming. I always cover her in cream before a swim and make sure she's thoughly rinsed after the swim. Then cover her in cream again  ::) so basically lots of cream!!!!
Lou.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Hi honey
Grace had bad baby eczema and we were told to avoid taking her swimming while she had it.  Luckily and fingers crossed she has grown out of it and we can happily take her, although I do make sure I bath her as soon as we are home.  We are lucky our local gym has a chlorine free pool so its not too bad anyway.
Ruth
xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts