Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!

I am using synarel nasal spray and as I went to do my spray this evening the top if the bottle came off when I was removing the safety bit to allow it to spray.

I've put it back together and did a test spray and it seemed to work OK so I've used it.  Do you think it'll be alright or should I phone my clinic?  In the instructions it says not to take it apart as it could mess with the measurement of the dose?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've tried phoning clinic, but there is noone there, I've left a message so hopefully someone will get back to me asap

can anyone reassure me in the meantime? ^eyes^

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
piepig  ^hugme^ i never had the spray so cant really help but you have done all you can + rang the clinic + im sure someone will get back to you ASAP try not to worry hun  ^hugme^ sure someone who knows more bout sniffing + such will come along + give you more reassurance 

xxx

·
Registered
292 Posts
Piepig, the very same thing happened to me last week, I nearly died, especially as it does say it on the enclosed documentation  :eek:.  I put the top back on and did a spray into the air to see if it worked.  It seemed OK and I have been using it in my nose ever since.    I am having a scan tomorrow and will bring it up with the cons, however I think the whole packaging could do with a change.  Bearing in mind most of us are not flaunting the fact we are having treatment, the size of the box the spray comes in is ridiculous.    Some days I have to spray during work hours and the box just does not fit in my pocket.  I have had the bottle in my pocket hence the top of the bottle coming apart, the box could actually be cut down to 1/3 the size that it is and fit nicely in my pocket keeping the bottle intact!!!
Apologies for moaning, I should be doing this at the suppliers!!  Try not to worry, I'm sure it's ok but hopefully your clinic will get back to you and confirm this. ^hugme^ ^hugme^
G x x

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks gadget, at least i'm not the only one.  no reply from clinic so far, guess noone is there  :-\ guess I'll have to assume its ok until I can talk to someone, have a 2nd bottle actually so might switch to that one until I know it is OK.

do let me know what they say when you go for your scan. (goodluck  ^reiki^ )

I agree the box is a ridiculous size!  I also take mine to work sometimes so have transferred it into a smaller tupperware container!

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gadget - how did you get on today?  did you mention your nasal spray coming apart?

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just thought I'd update this in case anyone else has the same problem.  Spoke to the nurses and pharmacist today, apparantly the spray should be fine as long as when I did the test spray I could see the liquid squirt out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.