Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter,

Wonder if you can answer a couple of quick questions:-

1) I have high FSH but am only 37 - Will my eggs always be low quality or is there anything I can do to improve them?

2) In a recent IVF cycle I had three embryos - One Grade 1, one Grade 2 and one Grade 3. Clinic grades 1-5 so I was quite pleased. My cycle failed and now I understand that they never stood much chance as they were only 2 cell embryos and should have divided more than that. I had EC Fri and ET Sun. What is normal in that period of time and would it have been better to wait until they were more advanced before ET?

3) Is there anything apart from problem with embryo that prevents implantation?

Many thanks
Allison
x

·
Registered
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text:

AllisonT said:
Hi Peter,

Wonder if you can answer a couple of quick questions:-

1) I have high FSH but am only 37 - Will my eggs always be low quality or is there anything I can do to improve them?

There is nothing known to reduce FSH but equally a high FHS does not necessarily mean bad eggs.

2) In a recent IVF cycle I had three embryos - One Grade 1, one Grade 2 and one Grade 3. Clinic grades 1-5 so I was quite pleased. My cycle failed and now I understand that they never stood much chance as they were only 2 cell embryos and should have divided more than that. I had EC Fri and ET Sun. What is normal in that period of time and would it have been better to wait until they were more advanced before ET?

Some embryos never go beyond 2 cells which is the worry when trnaferring 2 cell embryos. An ideal cell cont is 6-8 and this should be possible by day 2 or 3. The problem with waiting is that the embryos are more likely to divide in the uterus so getting them back is the best option.

3) Is there anything apart from problem with embryo that prevents implantation?

Yes, the thickness of the endometrium and low progesterone levels.

Regards,

Peter

Many thanks
Allison
x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts