Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just underwent egg collection today for IVF and they managed to get five eggs, however I'm really in pain now. Have been taking paracetamol as lying down or going for a wee is just excruciating.

Just really wanted to know if this is normal and if anyone’s got some tips on what could help.

Many Thanks.

·
Registered
649 Posts
hi Kitty707,

not to worry you but if going for a wee is excruciating like you say then that could be a sign of ohss. i had it on both of my ec's.
it is sooooooo very sore, i had it mildly but even that was unbearable.
i ended up getting stronger painkillers from my gp  the last time as i live 3 hours drive from the hospital but i would fone ur clinic or hospital, there will be an on call gynocologist that you can ask advise from, thats what i did but coz of the distance issue he told me to fone my own gp.
But on a positive note i was remarkably better within 48 hours and got my et 4 days later
i hope it gets better sweetie
michelle x

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the response. I did as you said and they didn't seem that interested, just told me to take stronger pain killers. Anyway feeling a little bit better today and hoping tomorrow will be easier.

Many Thanks, kitty.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hi Kitty707
Im so glad you are feeling better today  :)
Take the next 2 weeks real easy and look after yourself
Michelle xx ^hugme^

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had EC yesterday and was in alot of discomfort last night. I was unsure what to expect or what was normal.
I was also worried about OHS because my hormone levels had tripled Monday but slowed again by Tuesday having reduced the dose of the stimms. This is our first cycle so its all unknown. Feeling a bit better so far this morning but plan to contact the clinic if worried. We have nine eggs and waiting for news of next stage xx ^hugme^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts