Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

egg donation abroad

24K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  danielle 
Hi Danni

I'm interested to know more about your treatment for immune issues...  I also had an mc (at 8 weeks) after DE in Madrid & I'm just going through the Chicago tests with George at CARE.  Who did you see?  What was the diagnosis & treatment?

So glad to 'meet' someone who's been through this & come out with that precious baby at the end....

Susie
x

Hi Girls

Danni - thanks for the information.  I've read a lot about IVIG but I think you're one o fthe first people I know who have been successful - which is great to know.  I agree about the testing - it is expensive & the treatment is too, but given how much DE costs, it has to be worth it.  We had our first cycle at Madrid - found them to be very good - but have transferred to Barcelona as they're having some building work done at Madrid at the moment.  By the time I get through all the testing, Madrid will probably be up & running again!

Daisy - nice to hear from you!  Crikey - I didn't know there was an upper age limit with George!  I'm 44 in April, so best get back for my consultation before then!!  I know what you mean about wanting to get started...  Barcelona called me a couple of weeks ago asking if I was ready to start & I could have been doing decap within a week.  I really wanted to say yes, but there's no point until we've at least seen George again.  I'm just hoping that we can get the timing right - don't want to end up wasting yet another month.  Am I too impatient???

I hope it goes well with Dr Beer - I've read a lot of good stuff about him.  Let me know!

We're off to see an NHS consultant today - not expecting too much, but hoping that this will help us in the long run.  We may be able to get clexane through her - which will be a huge saving - and also get onto the early pregnancy monitoring more quickly as a result.  Ever the optimist!!

Susie
x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.