Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

egg donation abroad

24K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  danielle 
Hi Lu and JL - Welcome

Like you I have turned to egg donation.  I am 42 and my last IVF was cancelled due to a poor response and my consultant really gently pushed us to consider egg donation and mentioned Spain to us due to the waiting lists in the UK. 

I cannot help you with other clinics in Europe as I only looked at Spain.  After a lot of research they all seem very good but I chose one in Barcelona simply because its stats were the highest (70%) and Barcelona is easy to get to as I live close to Heathrow.  Its also the most expensive (9000 euros) but has no waiting list and matches you with a donor first before you start medication which is sniffing and not injections.  It also has good stats for frosties which some of the other clinics do not.  Also another lady on this site went there and is now pregnant.

Have you looked at the ivfconnections.com website as this is excellent for ladies going to spain and I think other european countries?

Would be happy to help with any other queries.  Another lady on this board Susie is just off to Madrid for her transfer so I am sure when she returns she can also give you more info.  She is at one of the IVI clinics which also has a very good reputation.

Mandy

Danielle

Just wanted to wish you good luck with your treatment at Ruth's clinic.  Do update us with how things are going.  I am presently in the 2ww after ET last week at a clinic in Barcelona.

Mandy

Hi Indianna

Yes I am in the dreaded 2ww along with Natalie and Tracey.  Me and Natalie test on the 30th. I am having a Beta done on that day and will resist hpting as I dont trust them.  I'm still quite positve at the moment and it helps also having 2 frosties to fall back on if the worst happens.

Sorry you couldent decap this month but I guess its a bit close to Christmas for available donors.  I am sure you will get the go ahead in the New Year.

Mandy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.