Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

egg donation abroad

24K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  danielle 
Hi Jenwana
I have had treatment with donoreggs in Madrid, Spain. My daughter is now 2months after successful treatment, 1st one ended in a miscarriage. I was then treated for immune issues and is now a mum to a lovely 2month old girl. The clinics in spain are now getting busier and busier and sometimes you have to wait a few weeks(up to 6weeks) before the transfer. I only was on estrogen for 28days(not too long for them) before transfer. They are very good and you dont pay if the donor do not produce eggs of sufficient quality. Check out www.ivfconnections.com and go to "ivf in Spain" section. Check out "Wonderful Women" thread. I used to post there under a different username. I could not have gone through my cycles without the support of these women. the successrate is 65% birthrate after 3 cycles, so that speaks volumes.
Wish you well
Danni

ERROR- the successrate is 65% after 1 attempt but 94% after 3 attempts, my apologies. They are not very expensive, I paid at the time 6000euros all inclusive(icsi, blastocysttransfer, transfer) There are frequent flights to Madrid all year round.
Danni

Soozzee
My 1st DE ended in a chemical pregnancy, beta was 22 at 12dp3dt and then dropped to 7 later, Af came. So I checked out my APAs at St. Marys but  I feel they only do "superficial" testing . I was not tested for NK cells. I was prescribed clexane and aspirin before transfer. This time I had very good quality 3 blastocysts transferred, but the pregnancy ended in another miscarriage! I was distraught until I read up about NKcells and auto immune problems because Ive had jointpains for years but never got it investigated. Well I saw Dr Beer after my second DE miscarriage with the support of Dr Velasco(he wrote me a referral because he was also puzzled). Dr Beer did every single test(expensive but worth it). They found I had very high CD19cells, they were at 21%!. Steroids alone would not be effective so I had IVIG  7 days before the transfer of yet again 3 blastocysts and just after a positive hpt. I had 2 more infuisions of ivig until my 15th week. In addition I also started aspirin and clexane 20mg at 7 days before the transfer until 28weeks.
St Marys found only borderline anticardiolipinantibodies, every other test they did was negative. I should have had all the extensive testing done after my 1st DE miscarriage but at the time I did not want to spend my money on test after test but it cost me dearly in the end. Im just glad the 3rd cycle worked.
Are you at Madrid? They were very good to me after my second m/c because I think they felt guilty cos no one there could give me answers.
I got a 5% discount with my 3rd DE (I queried my bill because the price went up) I emailed consultamadrid@ivi.es with my bill, they said it was correct but they would give me 5% discount as its my 3rd attempt with them. That sure stopped me moaning about money!
I think its worth testing extensively although its pricey but youll get there in the end if you do things properly.
Danni

hi Girls
Soozee-I know for a fact there are more people successful after DE with ivig but not everyone posts-most of the posts are from people trying to conceive with their own eggs. In retrospect, I was a poor responder but good quality eggs but no implantation, sometimes I feel I should have sorted these problems out before embarking on DE but at the time I was told my eggs were the problem-my fsh was never more than 10, my response got slower with each ivf attempt but I always had 2 or more goodquality embies.Nobody tells you to test for environmental issues, so I looked for answers and found the ivfconnections board which was a godsend. Im more than happy with my daughter and couldnt love her more than any biological child of mine. Shes our princess at home. I wont go back to using my own eggs as Im now almost 38years and you cant turn the clock back.
My tnf was 26,9%(normal 3-8) and I might need ivig again in order to conceive. Ivig has a very low risk of transmission as its washed several times over and over before its ready but there is a risk with any bloodproducts. Unfortunately I was prepared to take the risk because I so wanted to be a mom and I was willing to do anything possible in desperation.
It might sound selfish but thats the way I feel.
Take care
Danni

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.