Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

egg donation abroad

24K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  danielle 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Have looked at this site a few times and found it very positive and appealing. Took plunge and registered today!

We had our first ivf + icsi in April 2004 and unfortunately weren't successful. As I have high FSH levels we can't do another cycle. I am now 41 (arghh) so we don't want to wait on a list for 3 or 4 years, so, we are interested in going abroad for treatment having heard about clinics(s?) in Spain.

Does anyone know about clinics in other european countries? or is it only Spain?

Feel quite stuck in knowing where to start with egg donation generally. Only know how difficult it all is and see a huge mountain ahead of us!

Lu & JL

#27 ·
Hi Danielle,

Congratulations!! We are going out to the CERAM in the next couple of months. Ruth has found us a donor!! Hurray! I would be really grateful for any information you have, where to stay etc,

Well done!!

Belle,x

#28 ·
Hello everyone.
Sorry to jump in on this thread, but I've got a quick question. 
Im awaiting a donor at IVI Barcelona, and I keep seeing mention in other people's posts of Decap. Is this decapeptyl ? What is that ? My drugs regime seems to be different (ie the contraceptive pill first, and then synarel, and then Estradiol patches, and then cyclogest pessaries).
Does anyone on this thread know about this and why we are on different drugs?
Bluebellxxx

#29 ·
Different clinics will use slightly different drugs. I am in the process of aiming that all recipients have contraceptive Pill at CERAM, Decaptyl being a one off injection does the same job as the Synarel, just have to sniff with the latter. Some of my patients use patches though most use tablets, Progynova. Cyclogest seems to be standard everywhere!!!!
All a means to an end!!!

Ruth

#30 ·
Deej,
We started by getting in touch with Ruth the forum moderator, she is also the Nurse at CERAM so can give you lots of info on CERAM. They also have a website www.ceram.es, the front page is in Spanish but there is a translation link. Basically that it is it, did a lot of reading on this discussion forum and just fell into it. It was not as daunting or hard as we were expecting, got all questions answered and have been guided through it all by Ruth. Should be having a scan next week as we are home for a while before moving down under permanently. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.