Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please?

We are getting nowhere in the UK with egg donation they tell us that we have to have our own egg donor if we want to try IVF which will be  impossible for us to do this so now we are considering going abroad I have heard of CERAM in Marbella, how do you know if they are a proper registered clinic?

Does anyone have contact details of other registered IVF clinic in Spain or other countries that I could look at?

Please help :)

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
HI cranberry...

I will pass on your queries to Ruth our fertility nurse here on fertility friends..

Ceram is her Clinic, and I am sure she will help put all your worries to rest.

wishing you all the best for your  TX journey xx

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
We are also looking into egg donation in Spain. There are a couple of clinics in Barcelona that we have been told about. What should we do to check that they are properly registered and which clinic is best? Also, do you know why Spain is so popular?
Kariat

·
Registered
107 Posts
hi girls

we chose Instituto Marques Barcelona partly due to success rates and partly due to no waiting list and the speed they gave us an appointment as I am 42 and dh 48 this month, we really want to get on with it as we have no idea if I'll be able to carry safely so each month is precious to us.  They are expensive though, and haven't been there yet but have heard good things.  We were recommended IVI Barcelona by our clinic here in Germany so they must be good - just couldn't give us an appt til late May. I've seen loads of BFPs from them though.

One lady on this site -Joy- went to Kiev and was dead impressed and is pg!!! they seem to be much cheaper than Spain (like at least 50% cheaper) so you might want to find out about that..

hope that helps a bit

bigJ

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi BigJ,

have just read you recent post and noted that you have your first appointment at IM Barcelona soon.  Can I ask how do you go about getting this?  Do you just email them requesting an appointment?  Is this just an initial meeting with them to discuss the process etc and then you would have to go back out there when the time is right.  Hope you don't mind me asking as I am now thinking of my options going forward.  I too am 42 and time is running out and I am swaying towards Spain.  It seems that both IM and IVI are both popular ... have also heard of Ceram as well.

Any advice would be great.  Thanks in advance.

Kayse

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Kayse

I saw your message and thought I would let you know that you can e-mail for an appointment to Claudie Stein at [email protected]  You would go for an initial appointment and if you want to go ahead with treatment pay the deposit and return for the ET.

If you are interested I sent a response regarding why I chose IM over IVI on the Hopelessly Confused thread just below this one.  Also its wellworth checking out ivfconnections.com and look at ivf in spain where there is a very active thread for both IM and IVI.

Mandy   

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Mandy,

Thank you so much for your prompt response and for the information.  I will definitely look at your previous post on the other thread you mentioned and also look up on the websites etc.

I am actually hoping to visit Barcelona early June so might even look up where they are based and pop in!! 

Congratulations on your pregnancy ... I bet you were absolutely over the moon with getting a result first time round with DE. 

I hope you don't mind if I ask any other questions in the future.

Thx again,

Kayse

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Kayse

Just let me know if you have any other questions etc.

Mandy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.