Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
can anyone give me some advice please? I'm having egg donation. The clinic only managed to retrieve 4 eggs from the donor - but they described them as 'good''. They are going to use ICSI as well as the sperm motility was a bit reduced so they didn't want to take any chances. Looking at many of the posts on this website, it seems that most women get 15-20 eggs. Does this mean that I have only a tiny, tiny chance of success?

Many thanks,

Liz

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Isaunders.....

I just wanted to wish you loads of luck and also to try and give you a little reassurance......

On both occasions that ive complete my IVF cycle ive only had between 6 or 7 eggs collected, last time two fertilised and became grade 1 and this time the 6 eggs that I had all went to 8 cell embies so its fine that there only four....

Without stating the blimmin obvious....it only takes one and theyve got 4 to choose from....

Good luck, my thoughts are with you....

Luv Andrea

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hiya

Just wanted to post you a quick message to reassure you... in both my cycles of IVF I produced more than enough eggs to go round - ie. 19 eggs first cycle and 27 eggs 2nd cycle! Not very pleasant experience I can tell you. This though proved that quality far outweighs quantity. All of my eggs were of poor quality and this produced 2 negative results.

It is far better for you to have 4 good quality eggs, so please don't worry!
I just wish I could have produced a smaller, higher quality amount!!

Best of luck to you with the rest of your treatment

E x  :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply. I ended up with 2 grade 1 embies which were transferred last Friday, so I'm now on the nail biting 2ww. I've been told not to bother with home pregnancy tests as they are unreliable. I wonder what people's experience has been with them?

Liz

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hi again

I can't really comment about home tests as I never got to that stage, but what I do know is that however tempting it is to test early, it is really best to wait because testing too early can give an incorrect result. And if you should give in and get a positive result that turns out to be wrong, you will be devastasted.

Best of luck with your 2ww - just relax and try not to worry!

Thinking of you x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts