Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone recently come back from CZ for egg donation. I am thinking of going their or Russia and not sure which one to go to.I would love to hear from anyone and any advice would be appreciated, I'm thinking about going just once. Love Linda :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Tine,
I just typed a reply to you and it poofed in cyberspace!
Don't you have when that happens?  :)
I am in contact with Fertimed at present. I emailed many clinics, and I liked dr Sobeks warmth and prompt replies to my questions. We are planning to go late Oct or November. That will give us time to save. I read that Dr Sobek was on a 10 day vacation. That should make his return tomorrow.
We will be coming from Canada, and liked the fact that for 20 euros a night pp, they will provide accomodation. The cost is also reasonable at 4200 euros all told, plus airfare and meds.( the donor fee is 3500 for a special donor just for us, as we are travelling long distance) The Ukraine was a little cheaper, but the flights are more expensive and a visa is required.
Our friends went to CZ on a vacation and loved it. She said the people are wonderful. She was a little less impressed with Ukraine. So, all in all, I'm leaning toward CZ.
Their success rates are lower, but I have read that it is because they accept  people with challenging cases. I can't say that that is true, as it is hearsay.
In my opinion, I feel I need to go to a clinic for donor egg ivf, that I feel comfortable with. The less stress at transfer time the better!! :)
Have you contacted Fertimed yet? Let me know what you find out if you do, and your feelings on the clinic.
Never know, maybe we'll be cycle buddies!  ;)
RED

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Red
Thankyou for your reply, I agree its a good price in Fertimed for me 3500 Euros. I have emailed Dr Sobek twice and he has reposted once so far so awaiting for his next reply.
My friend childminder is from CZ and her friend had treatment in Fertimed with no complaints.We are trying to start soon, Have just finished my 4 attempt of IV and was successful 2 and 3 attempt but sadly had 2 misscarriages, Dr Sobek was interested in ant test that i had following my losses. here in London they seemed to put it down to old eggs.
I had blood tests but no referral to a misscarriage clinic.
I have also seen a clinic in Moscow web site is www.altravita.ru
Have a look it also seems very good I had a reply also they can start straight away also have a list of egg doners on thewebb.
I have to decide which clinic to try.
Keep in touch Love linda xxx

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear red,
My last reply was also my second letter to you and the firstwas a long letter and it also dissapeared, so sorry for errors on the second .
Speak soon Linda xxx

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Tine,

That is so annoying that your reply to me also went poof! It takes time to put down what we want to say, and then it's gone....
I thought about Moscow, but due to the alcohol and hiv problem, I feel more comfortable with Fertimed. I heard Dr Sobek was away. He has yet to reply to my last note to him from over a week ago. He must just be trying to get caught up.
You are in London? I'm in Ontario, Canada.
Let's keep eachother posted on what we find out. I have come to accept that having a baby with my DH is more important than the genetic link. I am 47, and have had a miscarriage 1.5 years ago. I was devestated. I know you have felt that too. Trying with my own eggs will just lead to more heartache, and I don't have the time or strength for that anymore. :(
Talk to you soon,
RED
Are you going for donor egg ivf also?

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Hi Linda and Red,

Well I thought I would let you know that I have just booked to go to Fertimed, 6th June!  Really excited.  We decided to go first to meet Dr S as it is our first go at IVF with DE.  Last treatment was in the UK in 1996 so a bit behind with the up-to-date procedures etc.  It seems that so much has progressed since then, don't understand half the terminology!  Although going on the 2 trip visit will probably ask too pay the extra to have 'special donor'.

We are flying from Gatwick to Prague and then taking the train to Olomeuc.  Although it is a 3 hour ride, will be better than sitting in a car and a lot cheaper too.  I figure it will be a pleasant experience to see the countryside. Olomeuc is an historic university town and looks real pretty.

Will keep you posted.

Love Sarahx

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
;DDear S
Dear Sarah and Red,
Thankyou for your reply, please let me know how you get on you must be really excited.
Could you tell me what a special donor is, I heard from Dr Sobek yesterdayand he said he may have a doner from the 10 June for me, how did he match you up, the Clinic in Moscow had a list of different girls you can choose from.
I thought also to get the train from Praque as 250 euros seems alot with all the other expensive it entails.
The room seems nice is it 20 euros each or per room.
Are you going to a clinic here for your scans etc.Did he ask you for any more tests because i have had 3 misscarriages one natural and 2 IVF he wants me to have a few blood tests and ? Genetic testing.
What made you choose this clinic?
I am waiting for another email back from Dr Sobek
Speak soon
Love Linda xx

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Hi Linda,

Well, a special donor is one chosen particularly for you and matching your appearance.  In most Eastern countries they are not bothered about matching appearance and just take the first good quality eggs available.  So you have to request to be matched if you want appearance.  I think you have to leave it up to the clinic to choose the donor and maybe you will have to send a photo.  As I am going for an initial consultation first I expect we will discuss it then.  I expect if he wants me to have any other tests I might have them then.  I have had one miscarriage with IVF so maybe he might not think it necessary yet.

My last IVF was in UK in 1996 and have had no contact with a clinic in UK since then.  I am waiting to hear from Esperance in Eastbourne if they will be able to do my scans and bloods but said the Doc there was not keen to get involved with people going abroad for IVF.  If they say no I expect I will have to find one in London.  I think there is one in Harley St which is quite helpful on this score.

I probably chose the clinic due to price and secondly the fact that they have somewhere nice for you to stay and less stress in booking hotels etc.  Also have had good reports from Hana on this board who is now 8 months BFP.  Dr. Sobek is meant to be really kind also.

Are you using a clinic in UK to link up with and if so which one?  Where are you going to have your tests done, can you have some done through GP?

I think it is probably 20 euros per person per night.  Public transport seems incredibly cheap, from what I can see the train is about £7.00 but not sure if I have got that right.  Also trying to work out now how much money to get changed into their currency, how much will be needed.  I might book a car from the airport to the station as it is about £17.00.  There is a bus and tube but don't want to be absolutely exhausted by the time we get there.

Hope you hear from Dr. Sobek soon.

Love Sarahx

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dear Sarah
Thankyou for your reply, I think its really bad that you may have to come all the way to London for your scans etc, Ican recommend The Womens Clinic in Harley Street where I had my IVF and where I will be going for my scans the number is 0207 487-5050.
I'm still deciding what to do the only reason I like the Russia one is they have a database with all the egg donors and you can choose 3 or 4, Dr Sobek said he could have a donor for me around June 10 but I have emailed him to ask what they are like plus a description of me , still awaiting to hear.
I will keep you posted, thankyou for all the information that you have given me.
Speak soon love Linda

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Sarahjane and Tine,
How exiting that you are both near to starting your cycles! You will be so experienced and
I will be soooooo interested to read every word. As I mentioned to Tine, we are going end of October. I am asking for a special donor also.
I havn't seen Hanas post, but it is great to hear about BFP's from Fertimed.
Keep me posted!
RED

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Hi Red and Linda,

It looks as though the Esperance in Eastbourne will be able to do my scans and bloods as long as I have a 'proper' referral letter from Dr. S.  They want to be sure it is a bona fide clinc and that they meet the same standards as themselves.  I hope Dr. S's english is up to this!  Will be such a relief as it would be a complete day trip getting to Harley Street and I hate leaving my dog Rosie for too long as she is now 14 years old.

Linda, have you had a reply to your question on donor from Dr. S?  Thanks for your recommendation for U.K. Clinic, will use it if Esperance does not come through for me.

Also have you been on the IVF Connections site?  There also some threads on there re. IVF in eastern Europe.

I am really looking forward to my trip to Czech Republic.  It looks a beautiful place and can't wait to sample some of the authentic food!  We are treating it more as a City Break, rather than a Doctor's consultation.

Speak soon,
Love Sarahx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello - no I have not been to CZ but we have been to Valencia in Spain for donated eggs.  The clinic is excellent and they have an International Department with English speaking doctors and translators.  It is easy to get to Valencia as BA and has cheap flights and also I think Easyjet has started going there.  Valencia is also a lovely city to visit so you can enjoy a relaxing stay while visiting the clinic.  If you look up IVI Valencia on the web you can find their web site. 

There is about a 4-6 waiting list for donated eggs.  Apparently girls in Spain are encouraged to donate!  I have had one cycle through the centre in January which failed.  :( We reached the top of the waiting list for donated eggs at the Lister in London this Easter but I just found out yesterday that this cycle has also failed.  :(  The clinic in Spain gives me great hope to carry on trying as they are very cool about it all - the attitude is to hangin in there a give it another go.  :)

Give them a try!!    ^reiki^

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.