Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are a Norwegian Couple, who are searchings for information about egg donation in Spain. We have been told that there is no waiting period for egg donation in Spain.
We need help how to get in touch whit a good Clinic, whit no waiting time.

We hope there is someone who can help us whit this.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Ceci

There are a number of clinics in Spain but the one that I am shortly due to go to is the Institute Marques in Barcelona.  The website is www.institutomarques.com and they have no waiting list.  I cannot tell you what they are like until I go for my first appointment in September, but another lady on this site went there this year, had no waiting and is now happily pregnant.

Good luck and all the best

Mandy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Mandy, thank you for your quick reply. Do you know the prices for egg donation at the clinic you are referring to?. Do you know if they insert one ore two eggs, and is there any price differens?.

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
207 Posts
HI Cece

The price is 8780 euros and they put back 2 embryo's - they say there is also a good chance of frosties per cycle. 

There is another clinic in Barcelona called Eugin (website www euvitro.com) that is cheaper at around 5000 euros and a 53% success rate but they have a different protocol to Institute Marques.

Let me know if you want any more info.

Mandy

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
The clinic in Marbella charges about 4,400 euros and has 50% success rate. That is where I will be based.

Ruth

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Mandy !

Do you know how many eggs you can get from the donor?
I am just woundring, are you getting all the eggs the donor have at the moment? And can i friezing the rest of it, and yous it for another time for the same price?

Thanks....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Ceci

You get all of the donor's eggs that cycle - there is no egg sharing.  Any embryos that are over that you do not use that cycle and which are suitable for freezing can be frozen for use in another cycle for a greatly reduced price.

Mandy

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi
I had 3 De cycles done at a clinic in Madrid- the first 2 were miscarriages and the last one I did IVIG, heparin and aspirin for an autoimmune problem which I suspected but did not know I have. I had a blastocyst (Day 6) transfer with icsi. It was 6600euros-no waitinglist but I was on progynova for 40days before transfer. The clinic is IVI Madrid.
Im now almost 16 weeks pregnant and I can recommend them if you are happy to stay a little bit long(most times 30+) days on oestrogen. We are very  happy with the treatment but would consider another clinic if I had to do it a second time because I developed a breastlump after 32 days on progynove. I persevered despite that and the lump is gone(Ive had benign lumps before) so I would negociate with them next time to just keep me for 14 days on Preogynova before transfer ;D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Danni

Congulations on your pregnancy - you must be thrilled after 2 m/c's. 

I condsidered the IVI clinics as I have heard good things about them but the protocol put me off.  At Institute Marques they match you first and then its sniffing and patches - not the progynova protocol.  It is more expensive but I considered it worthwhile for the different approach.

Mandy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Ceci,
I've just come back from a clinic in Olomouc, The Czech Republic. It came highly recommended by a friend who's czech and I was rather impressed. No waiting lists, got the first meeting withing a week, transfer from the airport, our own appartment...You might want to consider them...www.fertimed.cz.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Hana

Sounds very impressive.  Good luck.

Mandy

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are some prices in Fertimed (from what I received from them:
Pricelist:
IVF-ICSI-AH-Blastocystcultivation-Anest. 1 800 Euro
IVF-ICSI-AH-Blast.-Anest.-Cytoplasmic transfer 2 100 Euro
IVF-ICSI-AH-Blastocystcultivation-Donor eggs 2 500 – 3500 Euro
PGD IVF-ICSI-AH+1000-3000 Euro

I had IVF with donor eggs, went for the 3500Euro option ...that means you jump the waiting list and get the first available eggs (they don't use the Lucrin injection but start with the progynova tablets straightaway...). We could do it even cheaper ...for 2500Euro option......but that would mean you travel twice: once for the first consultation and the second time when they have eggs for you......they said in about a month time...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello !

Thank you for all that good help i have got from every one  wh have been helping me whit this quisten.
Here in Norway the doctors can not help us whit  egg donation, so i dont `know anything about it.

If its somthing more, than i wil came back.

Hug from
Cecilie

·
Registered
154 Posts
hi hana,

this clinic sounds interesting, my dh would be concerned about the screening process for the eggs, would you be able to advise on what they told you about this? also do you have any idea of their pregnancy stats? lots of luck with your cycle.  :)

take care

tracey

·
Registered
4 Posts
There's some stats...better to look at their web www.fertimed.cz

Patients Number of cycle preg/ET preg/egg retr. Live birth/ET
Below 35 good prognosis 1872 42 % 42% 33 %
Below 35 bad prognosis 641 33 % 27 % 22 %
36-40  good prognosis 289 32 % 32 % 26 %
36-40  bad prognosis 105 20 % 16 % 12%
Over 40  good prognosis 0
Over 40  bad prognosis 13 18 % 15 % 7 %?

Hana

1 - 18 of 18 Posts