Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I wonder if anyone else can help me. I have been through several failed attempts of IVF at the LFC, We did have a successful one last year but baby died at 12 weeks.

I have now been told that it really isn't worth trying again as I or my eggs are to old (43 next month). So Egg donation is my only hope.

The waiting lists are far too long in the UK & I had heard of couples going to Spain. I went to see a Clinic in Barcelona a couple of weeks ago & I am seeing another clinic in Madrid in 2 weeks time so I can get a comparison.

Has anyone had any experience with any of these clinics as I am now getting a little nervous before I take the plunge. They have told me that I shouldn't have to wait no more than 2 - 3 months before I will have fresh young ideally matched eggs!!

Please I would love to hear from anyone with experience in this very emotional issue.

Tina

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Hi Tina

Sorry to hear of your tx's that didnt work and about your mc, life is very cruel - hugs coming your way.

You may want to contact our fertility nurse on here 'sarah' she is moving to Spain and will be dealing with an egg donation programme out there with UK couples in mind - you can contact her via IM on here.

Mel

x x

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Tina

I've just started treatment with IVI in Madrid, so please feel free to IM me with any questions.

Susie
x

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hi-  I would be grateful to know anyones elses experiences of IVI madrid, how it went, etc and how quick it actually was in practice to get a donor. I am also concerned about reliability and  I am also 43 and have been to IVI Madrid and await a donor. I have had IVF and IUI all unsuccessful, largely because of my egg quality, I believe. I am generally concerned that they dont use the wrong sperm accidentally, so that is a general matter , but I am also concerned what my baby would look like as we would want a child who could roughly pass for our biological own. I am white Irish and my partner is white jewish- we are both quite light skinned with dark brown hair- he brown eyes, me grey. Average height and build, - me also overweight. I am not sure about the prevalence of our characteristics amongst the general Spanish population as I had assumed that generally people were of a southern mediterranean appearance. This would obviously impact on the availability of eggs. Anyone any views on this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts