Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peter,

I'm about to undergo IVF again using a known egg donor, aged 30. Although she only produced 5 eggs last time (3 years ago), 3 embryos resulted and one of those is now a gorgeous two and a half year old. This time round, her FSH level on day 3 was 10.6 and I was told by the clinic that this would normally be outside the acceptable range for a donor, as below 8 would be considered acceptable. However, as she has donated before, it seems to be down to me as to whether we proceed or not . Would this result be within the normal (acceptable) range for a 'regular' (non-donor) IVF patient, or would it be considered too high my most clinics?

·
Registered
856 Posts
dear Ange,

Bearing the history in mind I would not be at all worried at this FSH level. It is not by any means excessivley high.

Good luck!

Peter
Ange said:
Peter,

I'm about to undergo IVF again using a known egg donor, aged 30. Although she only produced 5 eggs last time (3 years ago), 3 embryos resulted and one of those is now a gorgeous two and a half year old. This time round, her FSH level on day 3 was 10.6 and I was told by the clinic that this would normally be outside the acceptable range for a donor, as below 8 would be considered acceptable. However, as she has donated before, it seems to be down to me as to whether we proceed or not . Would this result be within the normal (acceptable) range for a 'regular' (non-donor) IVF patient, or would it be considered too high my most clinics?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts