Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no fertility problems, and a bautiful 4 year old daughter, but as a single mother I don't see a realistic option for me having any more children. I would love to donate eggs, but at 39, I think I am to old.

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello lisa3, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

What a lovely thing to think about wnating to donate your eggs altruistically like this. ^hugme^
As Minxy says, you would probably be considered too old, sadly. I don't know what the situation might be if you were donating to a known recipient though, i.e. a friend. Possibly there might be some leeway in there but generally 35 is the cut off.
If you did want to look at trying for another baby there are a number of single ladies on FF who have successfuly had treatment using donor sperm so worth thinking about if it's something you think you could consider. DO check out those links Minxy has left for you and I will also suggest a couple more you might want to look at:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Babydust - Parents place for chat and support ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

C~x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
♥ Minxy ♥ said:
You are too old to donate eggs to others (cut off age is 35) but as you are single and would like another child, have you considered donor sperm ?
Hi again

Sorry, I just re-read my reply to you and realised it may have come across as a bit harsh and that wasn't my intention at all :-\ I'm the same age as you & I wanted to do egg share when we started IVF but I was told I was too old....we had our 1st IVF when I was 37 and our consultant said the cut off age for egg share (ie donating eggs) was 35. As Caz says though, I've no idea how this stands when it comes to sharing/donating to a friend.

Lots of luck
Natasha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts