Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - anyone out there in Australia?
DH and I are investigating emigrating to Aus. If successful would we be eligible to find an egg donor. Anyone know what it would involve, namely waiting times, costs and anonymity issues.
(and also... would we be eligible to apply for adoption - what would that involve, time scales (costs?))
Thanks
Daizymay

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi daizy - I am in Australia and currently looking at egg donation myself (but as a single woman) It really depends on where you are emigrating to as every state has different laws etc. Generally clinics do not have eggs available (sometimes they have embyo's or a long waiting list for eggs). Most people have to advertise for a egg donor as egg donation in australia is altruistic only (payment for gametes or sperm is illegal and only expenses can be compensated). Am not sure about anonymity (sperm donors have to be ID release). If you live in Victoria your ad has to be approved by the government. There is a forum for egg donors in australia Aussie Egg Donors you could join for further information. This is a closed forum - you could also look at bubhub.com.au which is an open forum. It costs around $10000-15000 to do a egg donor cycle.

Adoption is a long and drawn out process in Australia due to the low numbers of babies available - again it really depends on what state you are looking to emigrate to. There should not be any costs involved.

You really need to know which state you are going to before looking for specific advice as it really varies state to state.

Kylie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts