Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ruth
I am just starting to think about egg donor ICSI in Spain and have a few questions which I wonder if you can help with...

Do you know how easy it is to match a tall (5'10"), blondish, blue-eyed, pale skinned person like me?  Would that lower our chances of finding a donor?

How much does egg donor ICSI cost at your clinic and what is the success rate for 42 year olds?

Thanks, JT

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi JT
don't know if you since had something in reply??

Anyway, I've replied because I am also a "JT" also 42 and also 5'10" and have blondish comlexion/mid brown hair and we are going to Spain -creepy or what??

...I have brown eyes, dh has blue but he has European complexion (so Olive easy to tan) I am mrs hide under the sunshade burny person.  My approach is we could have produced anything with our own eggs - my grandma was 5'3", my dad is 6'4" and produced blue eyed mini people with my step mum.....who cares????

the world is a melting pot and love is the answer and I truly believe that  :-*

Love bigJ

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Yes, I heard back from a couple of the Spanish clinics and matching doesn't seem to be a problem although the wait might be a  little longer.  Am also thinking about going to the Czech Republic or Russia because the matching is easier and the cost cheaper.  I am very interested in hearing about any experiences with donor egg clinics in either Czech R or Russia...

Having another go with my own eggs first, but just want to be prepared for the future in case I go down the donor egg route.  I agree - nurture is far more important than nature!

another JT

·
Registered
107 Posts
You may have already found her since posting that question but Joy went to Kiev, said it was fantastic and is expecting twins...it was about half the price of Spain  :eek:

The Bridge Centre in London have a partner donation programme in Bucharest which I found when researching egg donation in general...

LOve bigJ

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi JT

Hmm, Kiev sounds interesting...

Looks like you've already decided to go to Barcelona - on the 16th?  Good luck, hope it goes really well and do post your experiences as I'd love to hear.

Love, JT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.